Bakerstreet: #1

Pairing: Bakerstreet x Reader
Warnings: pretty much just cute Rosie fluff sorry not sorry
the idea for this imagine was inspired by one of my fav Sherlock fics at the moment, written by the lovely @uilosris go check it out!

You walked down the busy street, stopping at a big black door. 221B was displayed in big font, gleaming in the rare London sun. You raised a hand and knocked.

A soft looking woman opened the door. "Can I help you, dear?"

"Yes ma'am, I'm here for the open babysitting position."

"Oh! Come in, come in!" She ushered you inside, and directed you up a flight of stairs. "You've got another one, boys!"

You walked into the flat, eyes darting around. Two men sat in armchairs across the room. An empty chair sat in front of them.

The blonde haired man stood up and walked over, holding out his hand. "Hello, the names John Watson, you can call me John. You're here about the babysitting job?"

You shook his hand firmly.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N), and yes, I saw the position online and wanted to apply."

John led you over to the chairs, and you sat down. Your eyes flickered over to the stranger.

"Sherlock Holmes. I'm sure you've heard of me." He announced, not offering up any other information.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N), and I'm sorry, can't say I have." You tried your best to recognize the name, but couldn't. You must have caught him by surprise, as his eyebrow quirked up.

John didn't seem bothered, and instead chuckled. "Well that's refreshing! So Miss (Y/L/N), you've got some kind of resume? Our job posting had a lot of requirements."

You nodded, handing over a folder filled with paperwork. "All of my information is in there, as well as background and drug checks."

"Very thorough." John mused as he flipped through the papers.

"You seem confident, you have experience in this field." Sherlock quipped.

You weren't sure if that was a question or not, but you nodded regardless. "I grew up taking care of multiple siblings, and in high school I babysat a lot of local kids. In Uni I majored in Children's  Psychology, and for a while I worked at a Pre-K/day care facility."

The guys looked up at you, eyes wide.

"I'm good with kids." You said with a shrug, smiling.

They nodded, and you waited patiently. When finished, John closed the folder and handed it off to Sherlock who began studying the papers.

"This job is extremely demanding. Sherlock and I are often out unexpectedly, we work along side Scotland Yard."

"I understand. I live just down the road, a short walk away. I'd have no problem coming in whenever need be. I'm used to working in hectic, fast paced environments. I'll have no trouble being wherever you need me."

"We're often in dangerous situations, and a circumstance may arise in which you would have to protect Rosie; the child of which this job is open for." Sherlock spoke up, staring you down.

"I once took down a 6 foot man for trying to touch a child under my care. He was in the hospital for 2 weeks."

Sherlock looked pleased, and John tried not to snicker.

"Everything seems good so far, I'd like you to meet Rosie before we make any decisions." John proposed.

"Of course! That'd be lovely."

Right on cue, a wail pierced through the flat. John hopped up to go grab Rosie, and you stood up, taking your jacket off.

A few minutes later, John walked back in with an infant in his arms. You smiled as you walked up to the two, gazing at the small child. She had big, beautiful eyes and wispy hair.

"May I?" You asked, holding your arms out.

John hesitated for a moment, but handed Rosie over. You set her on your hip, letting her get a good look at you.

"Hello Rosie." You cooed. "It's very nice to meet you."

The young girl smiled, gurgling at you. She reached for your hair, tugging it softly. You didn't flinch or pull away, letting her get comfortable. She studied your face, poking at your nose and reaching for your shiny earrings.

"She's very curious." You said with a grin.

"She's already very bright." Sherlock bragged, smiling proudly at his god daughter.

"That's great! The earlier she shows signs of curiosity the better." You continued to hold Rosie, walking around the living room with her as she babbled and played with your hair.

John and Sherlock stood side by side, watching the two of you.

"I think we found a winner." John whispered.

Sherlock smiled softly.

"Indeed we have."

I don't usually self promote, but just a quick little plug; if you enjoyed this imagine, maybe go check out some of my other work! I've got a new Drabbles book, some Marvel imagines, and some new fics coming out soon :)