Mycroft: #6

Pairing: Mycroft Holmes x Reader
Warnings: nope, just short and sweet

You rolled up to Mycrofts office in sweatpants and a sweatshirt, in no mood to try and look presentable.

"Mycroft as much as I enjoy our little check-ins you know I hate–" You halted in the doorway, seeing Sherlock Holmes standing there, alive and breathing.

"You utter twat!"

"Well hello to you too, (Y/n)."

You crossed your arms, masking all emotion beside annoyance. "I can't believe it took you two bloody years to come back!"

Sherlock and Mycroft shared a glance. "You knew I wasn't dead?"

"Well of course I did!" You lied. "How could I actually think the enigmatic Sherlock Holmes jumped off a building without any warning or goodbye?"

Sherlock straightened up, nodding. "Well I'm glad. That makes this so much easier. Now there's just John to tell."

You winced at the mention of John, a sensitive subject. Mycroft, noticing your discomfort, directed his brothers attention to the terrorist level in London.

You stood still, zoning out as Mycroft and Sherlock discusses their plan of action.

Sherlock suddenly slipped on his coat, snapping you from your state. "Lets go, (y/n)." He ordered as he left the room, coat sweeping behind him.

"Coming!" You called, not making a move.

When you could no longer hear Sherlock's footsteps, you began to shake.

"Y-you, you saw him too, right?" You stuttered.

Mycroft stepped up in front of you, taking your trembling hands in his. "Yes, (Y/n). He was here, I am here, you are here. Feel my hands in yours, feel your feet on the ground. Hear the annoying sound of my assistant talking on her phone instead of working."

You cracked a smile. You could indeed hear Anthea chatting away down the hall. You could feel the ground underneath your feet, steady. Mycrofts hand were smooth and steady, keeping you grounded l. Your breathing calmed, and you stopped shaking.

"Are you going to tell him?" Mycroft asked softly.

You shook your head. "I'm not going to give him the power of knowing what his 'death' did to me. He wasn't here, and that's that."

Mycroft sighed, but didn't argue. "I suppose you won't need me to check in on you anymore."

You raised an eyebrow. "Of course I will, Myc. I'm not suddenly wholesome and better again just because Sherlock showed up again."

Mycroft would never own up to it but inside he was extremely relieved at your answer.

"Plus I've gotten so used to see your lovely face, I'd miss it."

You two shared a glance, and immediately averted your gazes, cheeks tinged pink.

"I guess I've got to go deal with Sherlock now." You spoke up.

Mycroft sighed, nodding.

With a brief burst of confidence, you stood on your tiptoes and kissed Myc on the cheek. You gave him one last smile before leaving to catch up with Sherlock.

Mycroft stood completely still, watching your retreating form. A genuine smile slowly grew into his face.

He couldn't wait for the next check-in.