Greg: #1

Pairing: Greg Lestrade x Reader
Song: East of Eden by Zella Day
Warnings: None

Pink toes pressed against the carpeting

You were tugging at your restraints. The rope was digging into your wrists painfully, but you continued to pull. Your ankles were tied down so tightly that you could no longer feel them.

Show your face and finish what you started

Time was running out.

The record spins down the alley late night

Lestrade was racing against the clock, desperate.

Be my friend, surround me like a satellite

You knew he'd only been given cryptic clues. Even with Sherlock's help, it'd be a miracle if they found you in time.

Tiger on the prowl

Lestrade was ripping through clues with Sherlock and John. Your kidnapper had left clues, but they were scattered with no patterns.

East of Eden

Even Sherlock was beginning to get worried. They hopped into a police car, towards where they hoped to find you.

Coming for you now

You managed to get your arms and legs untied. Your wrists and ankles were burning and bleeding, but you got free.

Keep me from the cages under the control

You were running through the forrest. It was dark, and branches tore at your face and arms. Sticks and stones beat your bare feet as you ran.

Running in the dark to find East of Eden

You could hear someone far back behind you, trampling towards you.

Keep me from the cages under the control

Greg and Sherlock and John found an empty chair, bloody ropes everywhere. Greg yelled and kicked the chair in frustration.

Running in the dark to find East of Eden

You looked behind you briefly and screamed; the figure was getting closer.

To find East of Eden

The men looked up at the scream coming from the dark and dense woods.

To find East of Eden

They took off, following your scream.

To find East of Eden

Your legs were sore, lungs burning. You couldn't breath.

To find East of Eden

The trees were so dense and it was so dark you could let tell where you were going.

Call me wild, drinking up the sunshine

You blindly ran, tripping. Whoever was chasing you was getting closer every minute.

Be my man and show me what it feels like

You were slowing, chest heaving. You couldn't get air into your lungs.

Denim sky unbuttoned down the middle

Someone grabbed at your ankle and you screamed again, tripping.

Spilling out little by little

The men were getting lost in the woods. They didn't know where to go. Then they heard it again; your scream. And Greg was tearing through the trees, calling your name.