1.4

at the end of the day on friday, i found myself returning to the music building, and i began playing one of the pianos softly, the notes soothing me as my thoughts finally became calm, no longer focused on the 'bad boy' who would smile genuinely at me one moment, then ignore my existence the next.

but, that didn't last.

"why are you here?" i snapped when simon appeared in the doorway. i hadn't intended for my voice to be so harsh, but i wasn't about to apologise for it, either.

"oh, um.." he started, "i was looking for harry."

"harry doesn't do music."

"oh."

"why are you really here?"

"i wanted to apologise." he mumbled, eyes trained on the floor.

"for what, exactly?"

"everything. i overheard you speaking to lydia last night, and it made me realise. i'm sorry for being a dick, and making you feel shit about yourself. you can just leave if you want, just like everyone else." simon said, turning to leave and i sighed.

"simon."

he turned around, his eyes softening as they met mine, "people don't leave, you push them away, and you need to stop pushing me away. i'm not going to leave you, but i need to know that you're going to stop leaving me." i spoke quietly.

"i'm scared." he mumbled, and with that, he turned and walked away, leaving me to put my head in my hands, my mind filled with questions.

"are you coming?" i heard his voice and i looked up, seeing him smiling at me, his bottom lip tugged in between his teeth.

i got up and followed him, "i'm scared, yes, but you're the first person to properly stick around, and i want you to continue to do so."

we walked again to his car and he started the engine, "you can put some music on, if you like." he said, looking over at me as i grabbed the aux cord.

after about thirty minutes, simon parked the car in amongst some trees, next to a lake, and he got out, opening the boot.

he started undressing, chucking his clothes and shoes into the boot, until he was just in his boxers.

simon ran to the water, jumping in and laughing as i giggled, watching him.

"come on, we're going swimming." he smirked, turning and swimming around as i undressed down to just my underwear and tied my hair up into a simple pony tail, before joining him in the water.

"we're not skinny dipping?" i teased and simon went to pull his boxers down. "no, no, i don't want to see your tiny, shrivelled up dick." i giggled, turning away, hearing him chuckle as he swam over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

he peppered kisses down the side of my neck and span me around, his hands going to my butt as i playfully rolled my eyes.

"are you okay with this?" simon asked softly.

i nodded, "of course." and smiled as he leant forwards and kissed me gently, my hands cupping his cheeks.