2.5

i walked to english and noticed simon wasn't in there, despite the fact that he always got to this lesson before me.

glad that the teacher wasn't there yet, i left the classroom again, ignoring confused glances from behind me, and hurried over to the apartment block, finding simon's and knocking on the door.

after a couple of minutes and a few more knocks, i realised he wasn't in there and i hurried to the only other place i expected him to be (on campus).

this time, i was the one to stand in the doorway as simon looked up at me, sat in front of the piano.

"can you play?" i asked quietly as he shook his head. "what have i done? why have you been avoiding me?"

"nothing." he mumbled, gaze falling to the floor.

"you're a shit liar."

a small smirk pulled at his lips and he looked at me once again, "you went on a lunch date with my best friend." he sighed, voice quiet, smirk disappearing.

"what?"

"with harry on saturday." he scoffed.

"no, simon, oh my god. that wasn't a date, he knows that we're--never mind." i mumbled, "but, anyways, it wasn't a date, i promise. we just went out for lunch as friends."

"but you didn't reply to my texts for a while and he was filming you, then you proceed to tell me how great it was, and today, you just went running back to him after pe."

"he filmed me because he knows it annoys me, then i didn't text you, because we both decided not to go on our phones during the meal, so that we would actually speak to each other, and not just text other people the whole time. i went back to him earlier because i was confused and i wondered if he knew why you were annoyed with me." i said and simon rolled his eyes with a little scoff, evidently not believing me.

"but, we're not a thing, simon. we never have been, i don't get why you're so upset." i scoffed, mocking his words, turning around to walk away.

"fine, just leave like everyone else." i heard his words, the venom and pain evident in his words, enough to turn me around, desperation evident in mine.

"no, simon." i scoffed, "you push me away. i've tried to explain that nothing's going on with me and anyone else, but you don't trust me. you might have been hurt previously, but fuck, i'm not like that. don't you think i would have already left if i was?" i sighed, "and you said you liked me? well shit, i like you too, but i can't do this--not if you won't talk to me.
i'm not leaving you, simon." i said, turning to walk away before i broke down.

"please stay."

his words were so fragile, so delicate, and they turned me around, no matter how quiet of a whisper they were, they were enough.

i turned to him, motioning for him to come to me and he did, grabbing my hand as we walked to his apartment wordlessly.

and then we were hugging, sat on his bedroom floor, my back pressed against the door, his face buried into my shoulder as he tried to stifle his heartbreaking sobs.

my heart was aching to tell him three simple words, with less than a simple background, but i couldn't mess anything up or scare him. not now, not when his tears were wetting my skin, his hands so gently and innocently placed on my waist. not when my fingers were running through his hair and pressed to his back, keeping him together. not when we silently got into bed, all tears dried up, and we fell asleep together, sleeping through the next morning and not bothering with classes. not when i didn't know if he loved me too.