V

Percy slashed through an enemy demigod. He slashed a couple of monsters and stepped four more, all in just two seconds or less. But as he made a ninety degree turn and stabbed a monster, there was a shout from next to him.

Percy immediately spun around and was surprised to see Thalia crumpling to the ground. She had an arrow sticking out from her chest, and blood was pouring out. She was still alive, but just barely.

Percy knew that Thalia had betrayed him, but she had just saved his life. He had known that she regretted what she did, but had still ignored her. He didn't want to forgive her, thinking she would just do it again. But now he knew that she would not have betrayed him again: in fact, she had just saved his life (or death?).

Alice's voice shook him out of his thoughts. "Percy!"

Percy immediately jumped sideways, narrowly dodging a monster that that had tried to stab him. He stabbed it with one of his swords while making the other one disappear in a puff of black smoke. Then, in one fluid motion, he took out a knife and threw it at an enemy demigod. The knife landed right in the center of the demigod's forehead.

There was some more smoke and the sword reappeared just in time for Percy to slash two more monsters in half.

In a few minutes, all of the monsters and enemy demigods were dead.

Percy looked around. There were dead people everywhere, and even more injured people. He saw Artemis running over to her lieutenant.

Percy ran over there too.

Artemis was kneeling next to Thalia, tears threatening to fall.

Percy knelt down next to her. Artemis looked up at him, shocked.

Percy just looked down at Thalia, who was still taking in ragged, deep breaths.

"Percy," Thalia whispered. "I'm-I'm sorry."

"Thalia," Percy said softly. "Everyone makes mistakes. But you saved my life."

Thalia smiled slightly, but it was pained. She looked to Artemis.

"Milady," Thalia whispered.

"Yes, Thalia?" Artemis asked gently.

"Milady," she said. She had a look in her eyes and they darted to Percy. Artemis understood.

"After all this time?" Artemis asked.

"Always," Thalia replied.

(A/N I WAS MAKING THIS SCENE AND I REALIZED THAT I WAS SMILING. . . WHOOPS.)

Percy's eyes widened slightly.

"May you rest in peace," Percy whispered. "Elysium is where you will go."

Thalia's eyes became glassy and stared at the stars, but not seeing them. Thalia Grace would never see the sun nor stars ever again.

(A/N Like Bob.)

~°~

Many things had happened that night. That night marked the end of the first battle. That night marked the beginning of another war. And last but not least, that night marked the death of the Lieutenant of Artemis's Huntresses, the only demigod from Perseus Jackson's time to be forgiven.