XII

Lizzy stood in the doorway.

Percy's face was beet red, and Lizzy's was pink. She had obviously ran all the way here from the edge of camp. Her face got pinker when she realized what she had just walked in on, but she managed a few words.

"Monster army. . . at the border. . ."

Percy and Thanatos jumped up, their faces returning to the original colors.

"Stay here," Percy told Lizzy. "Come fight when you're ready." Lizzy nodded, not arguing because she knew that he was right and that she should wait. She got out of the doorway as Percy walked out of it. Thanatos turned invisible, presumably to collect souls.

~°~

Percy glanced at the approaching army. This was obviously the final battle; it was the largest army and Tartarus himself was among his army.

Percy looked at his own army of demigods. It was smaller than Tartarus's army, but he had hopes that they could win.

The campers and huntresses obviously didn't feel the same.

"Listen up!" Percy yelled to them. "Let's do the same kind of thing as last time. You all remember?"

Everyone nodded.

"Okay." Percy said. "Now, let me tell you a story.

"I once had to lead this camp in a war against Kronos. It had about this many people, maybe less. We were going against an army about that size. And we won. If we won that, then we can win this. You are all better fighters than any of the campers back then. And Camp Jupiter will be coming later. I don't know about you, but I am certain we will win this war. Now who's with me?"

There was a cheer from the campers and huntresses. They were ready for this.

Then they charged to meet the opposing army.

The next chapter!! I'm excited for the next one. I have some serious plans for it, don't worry.

~ShatteringThe4thWall