VI

The girl, who could be no older than twelve, drew her bow. She notched an arrow and aimed. Then she released.

The arrow sped through the air and hit the man, who fell to his knees, the arrow imbedded in his chest. The boy had short black hair and red eyes. He clawed at the wound, desperately trying to stanch the blood coming out of it, but it was helpless. He tried to call out, but his voice didn't work as he collapsed all of the way to the ground, dead.

The girl's sea green eyes swept the area before she signaled two others.

Two other girls stepped out from the shadows, arrows notched on their bows, before they relaxed and put the arrows back into their quivers.

The three girls quietly jogged through the halls, each stopping every once in a while to shoot a monster or person with a quick arrow.

The first girl got to a door. She looked at the other two girls.

"Percy should already be in there," she whispered. "Remember the plan?"

"Yes," the other two girls replied.

"Good." The first girl then turned around and ran silently in a different direction.

The second girl ran off in a different direction than the first girl.

The third girl took out a lock pick and quickly picked the lock before sneaking inside.

She silently walked inside.

Percy was standing there with something in his hand. He walked over to the girl and handed it to her.

But all of a sudden, alarms rang throughout the building.

The girl's eyes widened in fear but stayed quiet.

Percy, on the other hand, knew that there was no point in silence.

"Go," he said. When the girl didn't move, he shouted, "Go!"

The girl then ran from the room without bothering to keep her footsteps quiet, her dark red hair flowing behind her and her emerald green eyes lighting a path in the dark corridors before her.

~°~

The second girl heard the alarms. She immediately pressed up against the wall in the shadows.

She saw the third girl running towards her. The second girl took the papers in her hand and ran. The third girl then took up the third girl's position against the wall. This was the second girl's job; she was the fastest runner. But the third girl had a job too.

She drew her bow, notched an arrow, and waited.

A group of people past by, and the second girl shot. One of the men fell down, an arrow stuck through his head. Then, the second girl ran through a different hallway than the second girl had gone. The man followed her.

~°~

The first girl waited.

And waited.

The alarms were going off. There were sounds of fighting. Every once in a while, she would shoot an arrow at a monster passing by, but nothing much happened except for the sound of fighting and constant ringing of alarm bells.

But then two beams of light shone through the night— two eyes. For a moment, the first girl's sea green eyes met with the third girl's yellow eyes that were filled with fear.