0.0

2014.

Today, is the day I'm finally off to college. I actually feel like a grown woman. If I stayed in my Mom's house much longer I was going to go crazy. But I love her dearly. My dad died, My 10th grade year. From lung cancer, It was hard on everybody in my household. But I know he would be proud of me.

It's going to be so weird, leaving small Atlanta where everybody knows everybody. To DC where you have no idea who those people are. I'm going to a HBCU which is Howard Unviersity. My dream college, luckily I was able to get a scholarship.

I have always been good in school, I mean I wasn't an all A student but I sure wasn't average. I did enough to get where I wanted to be.

"Eb, you still packing?" My mom asked

"Yes ma'am" I looked at my suitcases on bed. Me leaving is still a shocker, like I'm finally going to be on my own. An independent young black woman.

My sister walked in my room, "Hey Eb,"

"Hey Erin,"

"You know we're not going to miss you right?" My sister said. I rolled my eyes, "Girl please," I scoffed "We did.." She responded "Girl get out of my room," I said standing with my hands on my hips. "I'm just playing, but I'm going to miss you." She confessed

"Awe, I will miss you too." We hugged each other, "You call me okay, when you need something anything. I love you,"

My mom and my sister and brother walked in, join Erin and I's hug. We were having a group hug, everybody was crying including me. We release the hug, and the doorbell rung, It must have been my best friend Rymia.

Rymia and I have known each other since freshman year of high school we had a marketing class together. We're both going to college for our business degree. We both had got a scholarship for Howard, I already wanted to go but she ended up getting another other scholarships for her other dream colleges. We had a disagreement, but she ended up making the decision to go to Howard with me.

We release the hug and I got my suitcases off my bed. I rolled the suitcase out my room, and walked downstairs to the front door, everyone followed. I opened the front door, "Hey Ebony, you ready?" Rymia asked pointing at her car.

"Yeah" I answered, I rolled my suitcases out of the front door, I opened Rymia's trunk and put my suitcases in her car. I ran into my the house and hugged everybody. "I love y'all," I said, "We love you too Ebony," They said together.

I ran back to car, to the passenger side. And got into the car, "You ready for college Ebony?" Rymia.

"Yes," I nodded "Are you?" I asked she nodded. She drove off from my house.

Off to college..