8.0

Today is Saturday, and I'm going to Keith's place. I decided to wear my hair out and throw on a shirt and some pants. He had a dorm on campus, he wanted to pick me up. But I wanted to walk, because I love walking. I left my apartment, I started walking. I arrived at his dorm, I walked in the building it was so many guys. "Oh my goodness.." I said

Then heads turn, they all looked at me. "Um. Sorry" I hurried up and walked upstairs. I found Keith's dorm, and I knocked on the door. Dom answered the door, with no shirt. "Ebony" He said

"Dominique" He opened the door a little more to let me in, I walked passed him "Keith's room is right there" He pointed. "Thanks" I opened the door, and his room was clean.

Except the bed was messy. I sat on the bed, he came out the bathroom."Hey EB" He put his arm on the door frame. He had no shirt on either, "H-Hey K-keith" I tried to keep my composer.

"Let me get a shirt" He walked in the bathroom "No!" He looked back. "I mean no you should" I awkwardly said. He laughed it off. I really sound like those girls in those predictable cliché love movies.

He walked back in the room, with a shirt. He sat on the bed, "So how was your day?" I asked. "Good, yours?" He asked

"Good as well." I answered. I  looked at him, those freckles, that jawline, those lips.. "Ebony, Ebony" He called, I snapped out of it.
"I'm sorry Keith, w-what were you talking about..." I put my hand in my hair.

"I know" Keith said, I looked at him. "Know what?" I asked

"I know, that you like me.." He answered, "Yeah as a friend" I brushed the comment off.

"Ebony you're such a bad liar, I could see it in you're face. Like anybody could see that you're in love with me. I have all the looks"

"Shut up" I grabbed a pillow and hit him with it.

Keith and I sat up talking. He ordered pizza, and now we're about to watch a movie. We sat next to each other on the bed, my shoes were off, and my jacket.

We were on demand, and I couldn't help but wanting to tell him that I seen him. It was literally eating me alive to tell him.

"Keith"

"Yes, Ebony" He answered, "Is it weird that I seen you on Tv?" I asked. He didn't say anything. "Keith?" I asked"Keith, you don't have to hide this. I mean everyone knows that you're a actor.. You didn't have to hide it, to be completely honest"

"You're right, I just didn't want you to use me. Like these other people at Howard. You know, everybody trying to use people for a quick come up"

He said, I grabbed his chin. I turn his face to me, We just looked in each others eyes.

We starting to move closer to each other I begin to turn my head. Our lips we're about to connect and I just moved away.

"No, we can't.." I said, Keith looked down. "You're right" He agreed. "I shouldn't even be trying to pursue another relationship. Especially right now.." He said

"What do you mean?" I asked concern by what he saying, "What I mean is that, in my previous relationship. My ex, she cheated on me with one of my friends" He said

"Oh, I'm so sorry Keith. Like I'm really sorry, I shouldn't be trying-"

"No, its alright. I want to have you around" He said

"But we need to start slow" I suggested. "Yeah," He nodded. I'm glad Keith and I are on the same page. I'm also glad that he told me, I'm just wondering when he's going to tell me about him leaving.

2 months later

Keith and I have gotten closer since that day, it was October. Keith still haven't told me about him, leaving. But I'll give him time, to tell me before he leaves.  Even if we're not together. We're still friends and I'll like to know from him.

Keith was at my place, watching TV "Are you serious? You're really laughing at this Keith?" I asked. "Ebony this is funny, you just don't know comedy" He said, I snatched the remote. And paused the Tv.

"Actually, Keith I do know comedy. You just like watching ignorance." I said, I crossed my arms. "Ebony, stop being a Debbie downer look at what you're saying. Keith got a call, He answered it.  "Hold on"

"Hello" He said, "Mhm.." He said on the phone. "Really. Stop playing" He said smiling on the phone.

"Thank you, Thank you so much" He said on the phone, he hung up.

"What happen?" I asked

"I'm going to be guest starred for a spin of the walking dead" He announced

"Congrats, when does shooting start?" I asked excitedly, "Uh, uh, I don't know. But you'll be the first to know when.." He said smiling. "Mhm" I nodded, I knew Keith was lying. But I'm just going to leave it alone.

"Now give me the remote back, I was watching the TV" I handed the remote back to him. "I'm going to leave the premises, because this shit is horrible" I said getting up, from the couch.

"Cmon stay Ebony, I'm your guest and this is not what good hosts do" he grabbed my arm. I looked at him, he was giving me those eyes. Which I loved, and also hate.

"Fine, Keith. But I'm not laughing" I sat back down, that's when Keith threw his arm on my shoulder. I didn't want to remove his arm. Because as soon as he did that, I immediately felt protected in his arms. I never felt that with guys I've been with.

I decided to get comfortable, in his arms. And didn't think twice about it. I laid my head on his chest, I felt his eyes on me. But I didn't care. I just love being in his arms..