23.0

Ebony

I was strolling through campus with one earbud in listening to some J. Cole. I was looking around, I seen all the posters about the protest on trees, on the side of buildings they were everywhere. I walked passed a group of guys and it was also a girl with them.  I felt eyes on me, not just a pair but it was more.

"Is that shawty? Who got 'rape' by Caleb,"

"Yeah, these bitches outta line with that date rape shit. Every since my nigga Cosby got accused, these bitches think can claim they been rape and shit.."

"Exactly, I heard she was 'drugged'. I heard they said her ass was white girl wasted and was all up on Caleb, she ended up passing out..Now she's just playing victim,"

I overheard they're conversation, I was in full disbelief, because they're blaming me. What's to expect, it's honestly such a sad world we live in. Where it's the victims/women's fault, it's never the person who committed the crime.

It's super disheartening to hear a another woman blame you. She's a woman herself, it could've happen to her a sister, cousin, friend, anybody. I stood there taping my foot and breathing, because I didn't know what to do with myself.

I didn't want to cry right now, but it really hurts. I kind of expected the guys to say something like that. But her, I would've thought she would've slightly defended me. Just because a few women lied, does not mean other women weren't assaulted. It's just a sad world.

I took a deep breath and started to walk again, I played my music again. "Stay with me," Sam Smith. He's so good, I absolutely adore his music. Music just let's all my problems go away, I never really expressed it but it does.

I walked into my room and fell back into my bed. I looked at my dresser and notice my journal. I was suppose to be consisted with my journal, but so much things has happened.

Hey it's me Ebony

I never felt so defeated before, no matter how much people support me it's like nothing's working. I'm beginning to break, I feel alone my mom is not here she's all the way in Georgia. My dad is gone, I have nobody to cry on.

People are judging me, it's like I can't catch a break. I wish I could get away..

~ Ebony Kasey Latimore

I closed my journal, tears began to fall. "Ugh, I'm going to cry my eyes out," I wipe the tears. I heard my door open, it was Rymia "Bad time?" She asked

"No, no. Come in please,"

Rymia sat on the edge of my bed, and she gave me a slight smile. "How are you holding up?" She asked with a concern look.

"I don't know Mia, I'm just broken. Like I try to be positive, but I can't. It seems like I'm alone," I broke down.

"Ebony," She console

"I-I j-just miss my dad," I cried

"Aw Ebony, it's going to be fine."

"Mia I never told you this but I have a mental disorder. Called Major depressive disorder, I've had for a while now.  It had gotten better but since every thing happened. I haven't been taking my medicine much lately,"

"Oh my gosh, Ebony why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't want you to worry about me, I didn't want anyone's sympathy. It's something I wanted to keep private,"

"Ebony you known me long enough, to think that I would pity you or judge you. We've been through a lot together, You've have always uplifted me and I'm so glad to call you a best friend, I would always be here for you no matter what. And that's a promise,"

"Thank you Mia. I love you,"

"I love you too," She scooted over to me and we hugged.

*

Hey y'all, I know I know I've been gone. I've been busy and also I had major writers block. But I'm back now, ready to update regularly like I use too.

BTW if you didn't know, this book is in 2014. It's not present time in the book. Also I have good news it'll will be a high chance of a sequel. Just still thinking about it..

Feel free to put you're opinions or questions, in the comment section. On any thing about the chapter or the book in general..

But no hate please, if you don't agree on someone's opinion please keep it to yourself. Because I've had a couple experiences on that.

But please excuse typos

Much luvvv
Van❤🌹