•Who Said it Lasts Forever•

•Chapter title~ lyrics from "Who Said Love Would Last Forever" by Bon Jovi•
***
I look out the window and sigh. The crash of the ocean waves is barely audible, but it's still calming to know that no matter how crazy my life gets, the ocean will always be there for me. I have a sudden urge to run outside and dive into the crystal blue water. I begin to back away from the window, and head over to my suitcase. I find the aqua blue bikini I packed just in case, and I reach into the suitcase to take it out.

As my hand touches the fabric, I feel a chill go down my back. My vision clouds and I feel my body sway. My knees buckle, and I grab onto the table my suitcase is on. I start to feel light-headed and nauseous.

I hear a ringing in my ears and feel my head start pounding.
"Something's wrong." I croak, but no one is there to hear me. My eyes become very heavy as I release my grip on the table. My eyes slowly close as I tumble to the ground.
***
"Coral. Coral wake up. Please wake up..."
I snap my eyes open. My vision is blurry, but I can make out the figure of Evelyn looking at me, and her parents standing behind her.
"Whaa..."
"Shhh, it's ok. Don't try to talk." Evelyn reaches out and helps me up off the floor. I look around in a daze, trying to remember what happened a few minutes ago.

I lean on Evelyn as I try to stand, but my legs feel like rubber. I immediately start to fall, but Evelyn is there to hold me steady. She helps me walk over to the bed, and I sit down.
My head starts to throb, so I rub my hand on my forehead, attempting to soothe it.
"Coral, what happened? Are you ok?" I feel tears stream down my cheeks. I clench my teeth, trying to reduce the pain of my head.
"Coral? Coral..." Evelyn's voice is muffled, like she's underwater.
"I-I..." Just then, a flash of light blinds my vision. I hear a soft voice, but it's not Evelyn's. I see the outline of a figure coming towards me.

"Coral. Coral, you have to listen to me. Come to the ocean. You have to." I realize that the figure is my mom. She smiles her famous smile and places a hand on my cheek.
"I love you sweetheart. Please find me."
"Wait.... mom!" I reach out to grab her, but she is already gone. My dream-like vision starts to disappear. I suddenly feel like I'm tumbling into darkness. Again. I can tell this was not going to be my week.

"Coraline Waters!" My vision clears, and I see Evelyn staring at me intently. Mr. and Mrs. Wizzo are looking at me then back to each other.
"Coral, what's going on?" I gulp and look away from Evelyn.
"I don't know." I mumble.
"What?"
"I don't know!" I shout. Evelyn jumps back in surprise, while her parents slowly turn and walk out of the room. "Just leave me alone for a little, please." Evelyn nods and follows her parents. I sigh and lay down on the bed as the door closes with a thud.
***
"Something is wrong with her."
"Why do you keep saying that? I'm sure she's fine, she's just still on edge about everything that happened."
"I don't think so Alessia." I hear Mr. and Mrs. Wizzo continue their conversation as they head downstairs.
They're talking about me. I know it.

Now the sensible thing to do is not to follow them and let them continue their conversation without me listening. But, I'm not a sensible person.

I slowly get up, testing to see if I can stand upright. Once I find my balance, I walk over to the door and listen. Nothing. I turn the knob as silently as I can and push the door open. I peek out, hoping no one is there. The coast is clear. I step out into the hallway and carefully close the door. I tip-toe down the hallway and stop at the top of the stairs. I take a deep breath and place one foot onto the first step, trying not to make a sound.

Slowly and carefully, I continue down the stairs. As I get closer to the bottom, I start to hear them. They're speaking in hushed voices, so I can't really hear their conversation, but I know they're talking about me. I reach the floor and listen. "Ethan, you need to calm down. Coral has just gone through a difficult time, she's going to be a little off."
Excuse me?