•Epilogue•

1 Year Later

I walk around the Greek and Roman Art section in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Right now, I'm in New York with Henry's family because they are visiting their relatives. Henry asked me to go with him because he wanted to introduce me to his grandparents. I said yes because...well because I had nothing better to do. I will say, it was hard leaving my mom in Florida, but she promised me she would be ok.

I'll admit, I was not jumping for joy when I found out his grandparents bought us tickets to come here, but I didn't want to be rude to them, so here I am.

I stop and stare at a figure head. It doesn't look that interesting. It's just a marble head of Athena. I am impressed though. If I tried to make that, it would come out looking like a giant blob. I read the description. Apparently, the head was purchased in 1996 by Lila Acheson Gift. The marble head was a "rare example of monumental art from the late third to second century B.C., when an exaggerated baroque style prevailed in some areas of the Mediterranean."

Ok, I'll admit that's interesting. I walk away from the head of Athena. I keep my distance from the fountain in the middle of the room. If that thing splashes me, I would be in trouble. I spot Henry looking at a sarcophagus, so I head over to join him.

"Whatcha looking at?" I say, trying not to be too loud. Henry faces me and smiles.
"'Marble sarcophagus with garlands and the myth of Theseus and Ariadne.'" I give a small laugh.
"You read that off the information plaque." Henry smirks and laces his fingers through mine.
"Possibly." I roll my eyes and lean my head on his shoulder.

"Are you having fun?" Henry asks. I shrug.
"I guess. I'm not big into art."
"I know," Henry kisses the top of my head. "At least you get to spend the day with me." Henry says nonchalantly. I laugh again.
"That does make this trip better." I pick my head up from his shoulder and read about the sarcophagus.

"Theseus was not a very nice guy." Henry remarks. I nod.
"Yeah, he's my least favorite hero." I scowl as I read the part where Theseus abandons Ariadne on Naxos.
"It does work out well for her. I mean, she marries Dionysus and becomes immortal." I say. Henry looks at me.
"I'll never abandon you like that." Henry whispers. I stare at him. In that moment, I realize how lucky I am to have him. He's stuck with me through my crazy life and I'm so grateful for that. I squeeze his hand.
"I know." I answer. Henry smiles and pulls me in for a hug.
"I love you Coral." Henry whispers in my ear.
"I love you Henry." I say, my voice filling with happiness.