•I Run•

Chapter title~ lyrics from "I Run to You" by Lady Antebellum•
***
I sit on the floor in Henry's arms. I'm not sure how much time has passed, 5 minutes? 10 minutes? All I can think about is that I am a freak. Henry continues rubbing my back. He keeps talking to me, telling me that I'm ok and that he is here for me.
You won't be for long.

I see my suitcase at the foot of my bed, and I think about leaping out of Henry's arms and grabbing it. But something holds me back. Don't ask me what it is, because I have no idea.
You don't want this moment to end, a voice whispers.
"But it has to." I mutter.
"What?" Henry exclaims as he stops rubbing my back.
Crap.
I pull away from him, wiping the rest of my tears away.

"Nothing don't worry about it." I say, avoiding Henry's eyes. I untangle myself from his arms and stand up. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Henry stand up with me.
"Coral, what's wrong?" Henry questions with concern.
"Nothing." I stammer, trying to hide the fact that I'm lying. I cross over to my suitcase and unzip it. I dig around for some clothes that I can wear. As I pull out my outfit, I see the dreaded aqua blue bikini. Everything that happened to me after touching it floods my brain. Fainting at Evelyn's house. Hearing the conversation between her parents. Running away. Getting hit by the car. Meeting Henry.

I squeeze my eyes shut, attempting to stop the visions.
Don't look at it.
I zip up my suitcase and open my eyes again. I head towards the bathroom when Henry steps in front of me. "What do you think you're doing." Henry says sternly. I gulp and look away from him. He has never spoken like that before and it scares me. "Coral, please don't lie to me." His voice goes back to his normal tone, and I relax a little. I return my attention back to him and stare into his eyes.
I begin to argue with myself.
Tell him!
Don't tell him!
I feel my heart bang against my chest. He continues to look at me, waiting for my answer.
If you don't tell him, he'll probably wonder what happened to you!
If you do tell him, he'll think you're a freak and will leave you!
My head starts spinning. It's like my angel and devil are fighting on my shoulders.
Tell him!
Don't tell him!

I open my mouth to say something when I hear a knock on the door. My angel and devil stop fighting. I turn towards the door, and I feel my heart drop to my stomach. My clothes fall out of my hand and my whole body begins to shake. "Coral?" Henry's voice sounds far away. I hear my heartbeat in my ears. My blood turns to ice as another knock echoes around the room.
No, she can't be here. She needs to leave.

My knees buckle, and I fall. But Henry catches me. He sits on the floor and puts me in his lap. "Coral? Coral!" I try to answer him, but my voice isn't working.
"Hang on Coral, I'm going to get the doctor." Henry murmurs, his voice shaking.
"N-No!" My words tumble out of my mouth.
"D-Don't. Y-You can't- I don't want to see her!" I cry. Henry stares at me. His eyebrows scrunch together.
"Coral, you need help. The doc- "
"No! I don't want to see her!" I take deep breaths, trying to calm down.
"Please Henry. I can't-" My voice breaks. Henry looks at me and I see the pain on his face. He wants to do something. He wants to get help, but he nods his head.

"Ok." He answers. I breathe a sigh of relief.
"Thank you." I whisper. Henry nods again.
"I'll go see who is at the door." Henry moves me to the floor and stands up. He reaches out his hand and I grab it. Henry pulls me up and we stare at each other. I see Henry hesitate before bending down and picking up my clothes. Henry hands them to me and I take them.

"Thank you." I mumble. Henry gives a slight nod. I turn towards the bathroom and start walking. As I place my hand on the knob, I hear Henry walk over to the door. I twist the knob and jump inside, slamming the door behind me. I stand against the door, breathing heavily.
Please make her leave Henry.
I peel the paper gown off and put on my clothes.
Much better.
I start braiding my hair when I hear the faint noise of voices. I swallow my fear as I tip-toe over to the door.
I need to hear what they are saying.
I crouch onto the floor. I reach my arm up and grab the doorknob.