-twenty eight-

It had been just a little over a week since my birthday and the whole ordeal with telling Joey the truth. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't miss him and the boys of SWMRS. I didn't try to contact any of them. They didn't talk to me either so I'm assuming that Joey told them what happened. 

Anyway, Billie Joe is doing pretty good right now. He's been having episodes of sadness though. He misses Joey a lot and it's been eating him up inside because of what happened. It's been taking it's toll on me too. How could I be so selfish and let myself get in between Billie Joe and Joey? It was killing me knowing that I had broken up a family. 

Speaking of broken up family. Here I was sitting in my new apartment. Yep. I had my own place. I purchased this small little apartment a few days ago and have been slowly trying to put it together. It has taken a lot of stealthiness to get my things transferred from Aunt Evelyn's to my new place. Thankfully she's been working longer shifts this week so I could grab all my priorities. I even hired a mover to grab my mattress and box spring for me. They also collected my art supplies, my guitar, guitar equipment, and my keyboard and its stand. 

I had the place looking like an actual home and was pretty impressed with myself if I was being completely honest. This was my little huge secret. From everyone. Yes, including Billie Joe. For all he knows, I'm still living at aunt Evelyn's. 

Speaking of Aunt Evelyn, she's fine. She has done nothing wrong. I however, am a coward and have decided to sneak out of the house and find a place of my own. And I know what you're thinking: "Bitch where did you get all this money from? How did you get your credit approved for an apartment? And why wouldn't you just move in with Billie Joe?" 

Well it's simple really: I've had a fund saved up ever since I was born. My real father had it saved up for me and once I turned eighteen, I had full access to it. Considering I don't ever buy much, my credit is great for the time being. And finally, because it would weird Jakob the hell out. Poor guy is so confused about the whole situation between Billie Joe, Joey, and I. Why would I complicate things even more? Plus being with Billie Joe 24/7 would probably annoy the both of us, let's get real.

Anyway, I have been feeling shitty for ditching Aunt Evelyn, she did nothing wrong as I've already stated. I just figured she'd find out how shitty of a person I am and about my relationship with Billie Joe. And the last thing I needed was for her to tell me that she is disappointed in me. So I left her a long note basically saying that I'm sorry, I love her, and that I need to be on my own for a while. The guilt was eating away at me, but this was for the best. I had to keep telling myself that. After all it's like Audrey Hepburn said "a wise girl leaves before she is left." And once aunt Evelyn knew all about the terrible things I've done this year, she'd throw me out. So, I beat her to it.

I was ripped from my thoughts at a sudden banging on my door, scaring the hell out of me. I was so confused, only the moving company knows where I live and they wouldn't be visiting me at this hour of the night...?

"Melina I know you're in there. Let me in!" I heard Billie Joe yell. Shit!

Hesitantly, I walked over to the front door and very slowly opened it to reveal a very pissed off looking Billie Joe. 

"H-hey" I tried to smile.

"Cute. Care to explain to me what the hell is going on here?" he asked, his glare not leaving his face. 

"Uh yeah. Come on in" I moved out of the way, to let him walk in. 

He looked around and for a minute, he almost looked impressed. 

"Mel... what's going on? I got a call from your aunt. She was in hysterics. Wondering if I had heard from you. Why the hell did you run away? What happened?" he asked, his facial features now more concerned than angry.

I took a deep breath. "N-nothing happened. I just figured she'd find out about all the bad shit I've done this year so I decided to leave her before she decided to kick me out. I'm eighteen Billie Joe, I can legally take care of myself." 

"Why wouldn't you come to me?" he asked, sounding kind of hurt. And that was the last thing I wanted to hear.

"Because I don't want to rely on you for everything Billie. I can take care of myself." I sighed. 

"I know you can baby but when your aunt called me, I was scared shitless. I thought something bad happened to you. And how are you affording all of this? Dammit you should have just moved in with me" 

"HELL NO. I love you Billie Joe but come on. We would MURDER each other. Plus Jakob still lives with you. That would mess him up. Let's not kid ourselves here, our relationship is far from normal." 

I was expecting him to get upset with me or continue arguing with me but he surprised me by laughing. 

"You're so far beyond your years baby. I gotta admit, I'm impressed with the amount of planning and thought you put into all of this in such a short span of time." he smiled softly.

"So... you're not mad?" I asked carefully.

"Oh I'm still mad," his voice suddenly got rather dark. "but I'm sure you can fix that for me baby girl" and with that he picked me up and out me over his shoulder, making me shriek. 

"Which way is your room?" he asked.

Well damn.

. . .

A/N: Hello again beautiful people, I hope you all had a great Christmas or Hanukkah or whatever holiday it is that you celebrate! Mine was pretty damn dope. I got my little brother tickets for Green Day in March and he is hella stoked. I also got cash so I went out and got the new Kat Von D x Too Faced palette and GURL I AM IN LOVE!!!!

OH QUICK STORY: Today I served Justin Bieber at my work (I live in a small town outside of Stratford which is where he is from) and Y'ALL HE DRESSES SO DUMB. LIKE BOY YOU HAVE WAAAAAY TOO MUCH MONEY AND THAT IS HOW YOU DRESS!? LIKE  W H A T.

 OH AND THE FUCKER HAD THE NERVE TO SAY "you should smile more". I'm assuming he was trying to be funny or was joking but I was just not having it okay. But whatever, it's in the past. Idk man I had to tell someone about it lmfao.

ANYWAY, I hope you all liked this chapter. I'm thinking of making the next chapter a smut one due to the somewhat cliffhanger ending of this one so let me know if y'all are down with that. Something tells me that you are..... ;)

Hope you all are having a great day/night/life. 

Rage & Love ~