CHAPT3R ON3

"Without rain nothing grows. Learn to embrace the Storm's of your life...."

Kano City
October 2002

The landscape view from the window of the train is beautiful,
everywhere looking greenish, warm and relaxing.

The summer wind playing with the grasses and the temperature just perfect for any outdoor activity, I thought mentally, smiling at the view.
This nostalgic feeling reminded me a lot about my childhood life.

***********************************************************************
Flashback

We lived at Irra road in Kaduna, near the famous bridge (faskari) by the market.
The name of the usually amuses me, I just couldn't relate the name with the bridge. The place was a semi
Slum, the only place that had life and a lot of activities going on was by the central market junction, which was a mile away from my house.

My house was closer to Faskari bridge by the tail end of the bridge.

Everyone in my area was a struggler, either struggling to survive, caring for a sick relative, or just roaming about with what life has offered.

Most of the people there were mostly petty traders, beggars, children of abandoned parents, Thieves while others how were lucky enough had jobs like carpentering, blacksmiths, Tailors and lots of other little jobs.

Our house was at the tail end of the slum, which faced a big refuse dump.
Which was were everyone around the neighborhood drops there refuse, we couldn't complain much though, atleast we got a roof over our head.

The only problem we had was during the raining seasons, when everything there decomposes and begins to smell, During such periods things were a little bit hard

For us.

The house had only two room in it, My parent and Sadiq who happens to be our last born and also the only boy in the house occupy one room while me and my 3 sisters.
Islam, which is 16, Aisha though we usually call her Nana,she happens to be my favourite sister also, though i love them both Albeit, Nana is two years younger than me. Making me the eldest around,
Am soon going to be clocking 20, with hundred responsibilities to crown it.

Our room is'nt that big, it only has a space for our belove old matrass, where we all sleep, a small corner where our Ghana-must-go stays, which was like our personal drawers the little space left was for movement.

The leaking roof was what made our room imperfect, Albeit everywhere in the house was leaking too.
bowls were constantly kept everywhere during heavy storms.

During such storms Mama and Islam will become so scared and worried, praying the roof doesn't goes off on,

My home wasn't all that beautiful but at least i had a leaking roof on my head and siblings to look after which i think am grateful for and this alone make my heart feel happy.
Many around us faces more challenges, than us everyday and that's how we keep living, striving for survival and hope that things will get better one day.

I remember Mama's favorite quote which she like saying whenever we complain about the hardship.

*rikicin duniya da mai rai ake yin ta*

which literally means you have to struggle to survive, if you are still breathing.

Excuse me ma'am! Ma'am!

Uhmm Mrs Salima
A voice brought me out of my reverie.

"Am sorry dear did you say something? I asked the standing usher with a smile

"Oh no problem ma'am, what should i serve you"? She answered

"A cup of coffee will do "i replied returning the smile, then adjusted my head to get some rest before i get served.

I immediately fell into a slumber, and thence into a fast sleep. I didn't even noticed when the usher kept my coffee beside me, cause I was long gone into my dreamland.

************************************************************************************************************

End of chapter 😁
I knw the chapter was kinda cringe, pardon moi, still working on my writing skills.. will edit it the whole book when i reach Chapter 19,

I just hope you enjoyed the story 😊, don't forget to VOTE , SHARE COMMENT

And please do press the Star button 👇 it won't bite 😁😘💞