CHAPT3R TW3NTY SIX

NANA'S POV
Sitting at home was no fun for me, but i had no choice. Being a graduate comes with a price especially when you don't have the means of furthering your studies.

"Ya Salam! I exclaimed, stretching my arms across our bed, Looking at the ceiling.

Am i ever going to have that dream house, with my prince charming in it? I thought sadly rolling to the other side of the bed.

I lay there for what seems like hours, before I decided to take a walk down the street.
It's been a while since i trekked far, I don't even know what goes on in some part of the slum anymore.

Thanks to Salima's schooling, things are getting better these days. Even though we still don't have enough to eat, atleast we don't have to go for Tala anymore. I said mentally

I wore one of the arm less gowns Salima brought for me with a pink three quarter hijab to compliment the pink flowers of thre gown.

I guess am good to go i mumbled checking myself out one more time.

I went to check on mama in the other room, she was sound asleep. She looked peaceful and at rest when she's asleep.

A small smile involuntary formed, just by watching the sight of these amazing woman.

I quickly hurried out, so that I could be back before Islam and Sadiq returned from school. There noise alone can wake the dead i said mentally.

Sniffing the air outside, you could tell that spring was already here. Little Columbus clouds have began formation already. The vegetation were already looking greenish.

Everywhere looking all litered and smelly, children were already building sand castle and kingdoms.

The sight of them made me want to join them.
"I don't know why we have to grow" the voice inside me said.

Being a child with no worries is the best feeling in the world I said mentally.

"Aunty Nana *Inawuni* (good afternoon)
my neighbor's son Umar greeted

"I smiled and replied back his greetings.
They all look sweet i said mentally.
I stood watching them play football absentmindedly

"Auntu Nana Inawuni, a voice mimicked Umar's greeting. I was surprised to see a familiar face smiling back at me.

"Good afternoon, Sir i replied bashfully.

"The Name is Ahmad, he said. I don't think there's need for any courtesy. It makes me feel awkward" he said with a little frown.

"Ok. "What brings you here?
"I know you don't live in this neighborhood. I asked with too much curiosity.

"A lot of things, he said putting A finger on his chin, and the other hand akimbo, forming a gesture of someone who is thinking of what next to say.

He stayed like that for a few seconds before he finally said. " I think the most important thing that brought me here is you! He said with a blank expression

His words took me by surprise, I don't want to thing of all the possible stuffs this might be, but at the same time i couldn't think of any formal thing it might mean.

My mind started running a meter race, with no destination.

"Nana think! Think! Think! I said to myself mentally.

"Made he wanted discussing a scholarship stuff with you? A voice in my head suggested.

But that isn't his work i reasoned.

"How am i to react to this? Should i be happy or nonchalant?

"Oh God help me out, a hot guy from dreams is in front of me. And I don't know what to say. I prayed silently.