CHAPT3R TW3NTY ON3

Two Weeks After
If anyone had told me, a miracle will come at the die minute i would have doubted that person.

But I know my Lord doesn't sleep, for he watches over all his creations and he knows all our pains, weakness and Affairs.

Farha was indeed a blessing sent by God, am so grateful she came in just in time, I just couldn't think of what to tell the doctors this time around.

I ran out of excuse and pleas, and Nana couldn't make more than 1000 naira and we needed two thousand more. I was so worried i almost lost hope.

But since My Lord is so merciful, he brought Farha to us. We didn't only get to pay the bills, we got an extra ten thousand to buy her drugs and other stuffs.

I was so happy beyond measure, I just don't know how to repay her and her family.

Even during her sleep over, she never complained of anything, she ate what we ate and slept on what we slept on.

She even helped in fetching water by the well down the street, she blended so well that my siblings loosened up with her quickly.

I took her to the cinema where we use to watch and other places, she asked for where market was, I showed her and then we went shopping as usual.

She told me this was her first time buying things in a market,

"It is surprising how things are cheap here she said

I smiled and nodded

We went home late that day, she bought for each person a set of dress with a matching shoes and veil.

Islam couldn't help but burst into tears, she was so happy. They kept thanking her and hugging her.

She left afterwards, even though i tried to persuade her to sleep the night, but she said she promised Mama that she will be coming back today.

We bid farewell, I hugged her for the fifth time before she left.

It's almost two weeks now,but it all looks like yesterday, Mama is feeling much better Alhamdulillah.

She can now eat on her own, she hardly participate much in any activities, Alhamdulillah she's getting better.

I became the one in charge, i had to leave my dream course for awhile and take care of My mum.

Time passed, things became more and more stressing for me, Nana finished her program today they said results will be out by ending of the year.

Even though she ace's it, there was no means of furthering her education right now. The company will give on 30% of the tuition fees, but how can we make up for the remaining 70.

Islam and Sadiq were doing good in school, but they don't have much to eat.

I got a call from Farha earlier this afternoon saying she has notified the school about my situation and i can stay untill i think it safe to travel and leave Mama behind.

I don't know how she managed it, but am very grateful for all her efforts. Cause of her i can now stay longer.

Days passed, minutes became hours, hours turned to days, days turned to weeks.

Mama became better and betteras the days pass. she could eat on her own now and even do minor chores.

The sales were getting better, things began moving slowly. Nana finally graduated from the program, it was a huge success, for us. Atleast she is now literate. And can pursue her dreams later in life.

"I can finally leave for kano i said to myself mentally gazing intensely at the floor where some dried firewoods lie.

I sat there for what almost an hour, quietly meditating about life.