Chapter 1

Special thanks to lolagirl29 for being the awesome person that she is o u o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One: Nurse Yuffie's Rainbow Bunnies

After your little reunion with Roxas, Demyx guided you to a chair and helped you sit down.

The person to your right pat your shoulder.

"Hey [Name], my name's Kairi. I know you can't see me, but um... I'm smiling at you, just saying." She laughed nervously. "Just to give you a mental picture of me... I have shoulder length red hair and blue eyes. My hair isn't as red as Axel's, though. It's kind of a darker red, whereas Axel's looks like a firetruck."

"It's cause I'm too hot to handle," Axel said. He reached over from across the table and poked you in the forehead. "Hey babe, the name's Axel. Axel Sinclair. Got it memorized? As Kairi said, I have bright red hair. So bright that you'll want to look away, but you won't because you'll be too mesmerized by my dashingly good looks. Anyway, my eyes are emerald, and I have twin teardrop tattoos under each eye. Don't worry sweet, I haven't murdered anyone. The tattoos have a different meaning."

You cleared your throat. "Well, first of all... Don't call me babe or sweet. Second of all, I only memorize things that are important to me, and you aren't really proving yourself to be important."

"Ouch," someone said. "She told you off, Ax. Well, [Name], I'm Riku. I have silver hair that rests just above my shoulders, and eyes that are... I actually don't know what color my eyes are. Dem, what color are my eyes?"

"I really don't know, Ri. Sometimes they're blue; sometimes they're green."

Riku sighed. "Well, that really helped," he teased. "I'm also a therapist here at the trauma ward, so if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. I'm like you, actually- blind as a bat."

You gasped. "You're blind?"

"As far as I can see," Riku replied. "Oh wait... I can't see, period."

You found yourself laughing at his lame joke. Were you going to make those kinds of jokes soon? The thought made you cringe.

"Riku, repeating the same joke over and over again doesn't make it any funnier," Roxas teased. "Anyway, [Name], how's everything been? You look exactly the same as you did four years ago!" He chuckled.

"I've been.. Fine," you lied, chewing your bottom lip. "And I'd tell you the same, but... You know. On a side note, did you grow at all? Because judging from earlier, you're quite short."

"Oh, about that..." Roxas said. "Ven and I got into a car crash six months ago and I broke my right arm and both my legs, so I'm in a wheelchair."

"Roxas..." You muttered. "Are you two alright?"

"I'm fine, as you can see- I mean.. Hear. My arm's on its way to a full recovery, and my legs are healing nicely." He paused to cough. "It's... It's Ven you should be worried about."

"What happened to hi-?"

"Dinner is served!" A cheery female voice interrupted you. You then heard the sound of a plate being placed on the table in front of you. "Enjoy, dear. I'm sorry that you had to receive your plate after everyone else, but at least yours is warm! And Axel, what did I tell you about stealing garlic bread? I'm right here, you know!"

"I'm sorry," you muttered. "But are you speaking to me?"

"Oh yes, I apologize about the confusion. I'm Nurse Yuffie, and when I'm not in the emergency room, I'm here feeding my little rainbow bunnies and making sure they don't starve! Enjoy your dinner. It's spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread. Your fork is already on the plate- Kairi, be a dear and get it for her? Happy eating!"