Chapter 7

Special thanks to AmorettiElle for oh-so affectionately dubbing me a shitmuffin and for being the awesomest Junior to ever walk the face of the earth. <3 //Plus she's a goddess ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Seven: Truth or Dare

"What? No, I would never."

The bed shifted as Kairi adjusted herself. "I'm calling bullshit on this one, [Name]. I'm pretty sure you've had at least one."

You shook your head. "No. I was twelve when I went blind- do you really think I could've gotten a boyfriend before then?"

Someone huffed, and you assumed it was Ryann. "Fuck yeah. I mean, you're gorgeous and a great person. Hell, if I were a guy, I'd date you."

You felt your face heat up. "Shut up. You're just being a good friend."

"Whatever," Kairi said, patting your head. "Keep believing that, beautiful."

You blew your hair out of your face and crossed your arms. "You guys are just trying to make me feel bad because I can't compliment your looks and sound sincere about it. Dickheads."

You heard them laugh, and that brought a smile to your face.

"So who's next?" You asked. "Kairi? Truth or dare?"

"... Dare."

"Ooh," Ryann said, cackling. "Wait a sec, I'm brewing up an evil plan."

"Ryann!" Kairi teasingly shouted at her. "I don't want any of your crazy dares."

You laughed. "Are they really that bad?"

"Nah," Ryann said. "Kai's just a pussy."

Kairi giggled. "It's better than being a dick."

"Yeah, I gue- I GOT ONE!" Ryann started bouncing up and down on the bed in excitement, and you laughed.

"Well don't leave us hanging!" You said. "What is it?"

"Kairi, what's your favorite drink?" Ryann asked, a hint of mischief in her voice.

"Um... Arizona Iced Tea with Ginseng. Why? This is supposed to be dare, is-"

"I'll be right back. You two continue the game without me."

The bed dipped and then rose sharply as Ryann hopped off, and it was just you and Kairi in the room.

"So, um..." Kairi said. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare." You smiled softly.

It was time for you to live a little, you know?

"Hm.... I dare you... To step outside, and kiss the first guy you see. If you want, you can wait until it's someone in our group."

You blushed. "Kairi, I can't see."

"Oh, I know. That's why I'm going out there with you. But don't worry, we'll bring the guy inside so you aren't too embarrassed."

"But Kai-"

"No buts!" She tugged on your arm as she slid down into her wheelchair. "Let's go."

~~

"Kairi, I don't think-"

"Shh!" She interrupted you. "I think I see Riku coming."

You groaned. It wasn't that you had anything against him or anything, just that you really wished you wouldn't have to give your first kiss away to someone you'd just met three days ago.