Chapter 6

Special thanks to TwistedXSymphony for creating an awesome OC to be used in my story and also for giving me so much positive feedback (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Six: The Camera Game

You were glad that you had memorized the way to the garden.

It was literally the first destination on your list of places to remember the way to, and the path had only taken you about half an hour to take to heart. Most people would've wanted to know the way to the cafeteria or common area, but you wanted to know the way to the garden that Riku took you to yesterday.

After staying a few more minutes with Ventus, you made your way to the garden. You were thankful that no one had come looking for you and just left you to be alone, because that meant you could relax without having to actually speak to people and listen to them talk.

You really enjoyed the company of your new friends and all, but you enjoyed your solitude better.

Solitude was just what you were used to.

You kicked off your slippers then held them in one hand as you pushed the glass door open. You stepped onto the stone pathway that led you to the fountain, smiling softly at the feeling of the rough rocks underneath your feet and dirt going between your toes.

You followed the path, twirling around every so often and loving the way your hair billowed in the wind. When you reached the fountain you held your free hand out, the cold water splashing against your skin.

You hummed a nameless tune as you shook your hand off and walked around the fountain, a slight bounce in your step. You tentatively poked one foot out on the ground in front of you, almost immediately pulling it back as your toes were greeted by several blades of grass. Laughing softly to yourself, you took a full step out onto the grassy field, curling your toes so you could feel the dirt underneath the blades that were slightly damp from the morning dew.

The sun beat down on your face as you spread your arms and grinned up at the sky, eyes closed.

Just the simple act of closing your eyes caused all your senses to heighten, and you suddenly felt each minuscule clumps of dirt that clung to your toes. The birds' songs each stood out against each other's, and you whistled a tune of your own. You could smell roses, orchids, lavenders, and other flowers you couldn't even begin to name.

For a split second time stood still, and you froze in this trance, feeling nothing but pure ecstasy.

Happiness was something foreign to you, but at this moment, you were sure you had found it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Directions to the common area, please," you told the lady at the front desk.

"Sweetie, it's going to be quite a walk. Do you want me to get a nurse to guide you there?"

You bit your lip. "Um, no thank you. You see, I'm trying to teach myself how to get around on my own."

"Dear, if I'm not mistaken, this is only your third day here. So don't hurt that pretty little head of yours by worrying about being independent. It'll all come to you naturally in due time." You felt her place a warm hand on top of yours, and you sighed.

"I suppose you're right. So... I guess I'll have to take you up on that offer of having a nurse take me."

"Okay, then," she chirped. "Oh! You know Demyx, right? Doctor V's son?"

"Yes."

"I'll have him over in just a second. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day, Miss [Surname]!"