Chapter 3

Special thanks to Whyareall again for continuously supporting me and helping me out with writing for your character. ^-^ I hope you like what other things I did with your character; I hope I didn't fuck up her personality or anything like that haha. ^^; thoughimprettysureididanyway

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Three: We're Good

"[Name]." Someone shook you lightly.

You stirred, but refused to open your eyes. Who was this person? Their voice sounded familiar, but not too recognizable.

"I can't believe I'm doing this right now," the person mumbled. "[Name], wake up."

You grudgingly gave in to whoever was disturbing your sleep and opened your eyes.

"It's me, Vanitas," the voice said.

"... Vanitas?" You asked, shocked.

You honestly didn't expect Vanitas to be the one to wake you. Actually, you expected anyone but Vanitas.

"Yeah," he said, his tone a bit harsher now that you were awake. "So get up."

You yawned and sat up, running your fingers through your hair. "Why are you here?" You asked bluntly.

"Riku caught me while I was on my way out of the clinic to get some fresh air. He said he forgot he had a therapy session with one of the patients and was going to be late if he stopped by here to wake you up, so he sent me."

"Oh," you mumbled. "Thanks, I guess."

"Don't mention it," Vanitas replied, though his tone wasn't friendly at all. "Seriously, don't. I don't want you or anyone else to get the wrong idea. It's just that I actually respect Riku and didn't mind doing him a favor."

"I see," you muttered. "Why do you respect him?"

Vanitas sighed. "'Cause he's a blind suicide survivor and a therapist. Doesn't that sound pretty damn respectable to you?"

You nodded. "Yeah, it does."

He made a "hm" sound then tapped your shoulder. "Let's go back inside. It looks like it's going to rain soon."

"Alright," you said, standing and reaching for his arm.

"Wh-what do you think you're doing?" He sneered.

You pulled your hand back sharply in surprise. "I-I can't make it back on my own; I need someone to guide me. Sorry, it's a habit of mine to take my guide's arm."

You heard him sigh. "You're a handful, you know that?" He muttered. "Fine. Grab onto my wrist."

"Okay..." You did as you were told, and you two made your way back inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There you are!" You heard Roxas yell. "I looked everywhere for you, you were gone for over an hour!"

Over an hour? Riku said he was only going to leave you for twenty minutes.

"Sorry," you mumbled, letting go of Vanitas' wrist now that you were with someone you trusted. "I was... Occupied."

You heard Vanitas walk away as Roxas wheeled himself over to you. "At least tell one of us next time," he said, exasperated. "I saw Riku rushing in like a madman and you were nowhere to be found, so I got a bit worried."

"I'm sorry, alright?" You muttered. "Thanks for caring, but just let it go."

Roxas sighed. "You were with Vanitas?" His question sounded more like an accusation.