Chapter 5

Special thanks to PlotBunny for forever being my partner in crime; my sister from another mister; my slave (I'm just kidding about this last one). Love youuuuu :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Five: Cottonball-itis

"[Name]," someone said as they shook you.

You stirred and opened your eyes. "Who is it...?" You asked groggily.

"Kairi. C'mon, I need you to do something with me." She helped you sit up and get out of bed, and you stretched.

"What time is it?" You yawned. "I feel like I only slept for two hours."

"Close," Kairi said. "Three. It's two in the morning. Oh and by the way, you don't need your cane. We'll take care of you."

"What? Why are you waking me up so damn early? And who's 'we'?"

She laughed as she led you out the door. "We're going to prank Axel, and you'll see in a few seconds. Ready, guys?"

"Yup," you heard Ryann say excitedly.

"Whatever," Vanitas mumbled.

"Van?" You asked, reaching your arm out lazily to poke him. "Why are you here?"

He chuckled, swatting your arm away. "I never pass up an opportunity to prank little old Flamesilocks."

"What are we going to do, anyway?" You asked as you began to walk to Axel's room.

"Well, first we're going to turn up the AC in his room," Kairi said.

"Then we're going to soak these bad boys in water," Ryann said, shaking a plastic bag of something.

"And after that, we're going to stick them all over his body," Vanitas said, a hint of excitement in his voice.

"Um... stick what all over his body, exactly?" You asked, tilting your head slightly.

"Stop here," Kairi said. "And cotton balls. They stick to anything on a cold night."

"... Is that safe?" You questioned.

"I don't know," Ryann chirped. "But we'll find out."

"Be quiet," Vanitas hissed. "We're going in."

When did this turn into Mission Impossible?

"Try not to let your wheels squeak too much," Ryann whispered to Kairi. "I'll go to the bathroom now to soak the balls."

You snickered softly and Vanitas flicked your forehead.

"Quiet!" He chided, walking away so that he could turn up the AC.

You frowned and rubbed your forehead, not saying a word and just following Kairi to Axel's bedside.

"Help me get his blanket off of him," Kairi whispered, slowly handing you the sheet. "I'm going to go to the other side real quick."

"Okay, now pull up and to your left very slowly," she instructed.

"Alright." You did as you were told, and suddenly felt Axel move. "Wait!"

"Nngh.... Cold..." He muttered. "Stephy, baby.... Come warm me up..."

You grimaced and let out a small sigh as he lay still yet again. Then you continued to pull the blanket off of him.

"Okay.... Stop."

You placed the blanket back down softly just as Ryann came back.

"Alright, let's give Ax a little case of cotton ball-itis," she whispered excitedly.