Chp 10: Relocation.

Continued

3rd Person POV

Taraji couldn't believe what she was hearing. The sound of her bosses' words rang over again and again throughout her ears. She had to go back to Chicago. Just like that, 6 years of being in hiding was tossed down the drain. She couldn't risk having tyrese find out. She had only told him that Terrence was another dead beat dad. But only if he knew..oh if he were to find out that she was lying for 6 years, she'll be right back to square one.

"R-relocating to...Chicago?" she asked Mrs. Wintour. "Yes, aren't you excited? That's the perfect place for us to go. The grimey and urban streets will fit perfectly. City-girl looks will be the top of the line!" the extravagant woman shouted, hoisting her arms into the air as if she could picture the scene already. Taraji was picturing it, but only the horror. "A-are you sure? I mean...what about...los Angeles?" asked taraji, nervously tapping her feet underneath he desk. "Pfft, los Angeles is out right now. We'll be down there for 3 months. You'll love it!" said Mrs. Wintour, walking towards the office door. "W-wait, Mrs.-" tarajis sentence was cut short by her boss closing the door. Taraji sighed and leaned over her desk, resting her head into her hands as she propped herself up on her elbows. She let out a breath and she soon started to feel her eyes water. She couldn't go back, she's been so happy these past years, and if she goes back it'll only be problems...

1 Week Later

Today was the day that taraji would move back to Chicago. Tyrese decided to stay home with Madison. I didn't want to be away from my babies, but I didn't want Madison around with how hectic my work will be. She'll have no one to take care of her while I'm away. I found myself a 5 star hotel to stay in for the next 3 months. "Bye baby, bye madi.." I said hugging her tightly. "N-no mama don't go.." whined Madison. "Aww baby I'll be away for only a couple months, I'll Skype with you okay?" I said to her. "You promise?" she asked me. "I promise." I said kissing her cheek. I kissed tyrese and hugged him. "You know I don't want you far away for to long, baby.." he said grabbing my waist. "I know, but I'll be back in your arms in no time bighead.." I said to him. He smiled and I headed to the door with my luggage. I left out and got into the limo that waited for me as I blew kisses at my family. The limo then pulled off and drove down the street. I let out a nervous sigh. I mean, sure...I miss Chicago itself, but the people I'm trying to avoid...if they see me now after 6 years they'll think I'm trying to crawl back to them. And then they'll go tell...ugh Terrence...

Soon, I arrived at the airport with the rest of my coworkers as we waited for the private jet. I constantly tapped my foot in nervousness, waiting for the approach of the plane. I really wasn't sure why I went through with this. Why? Just why did I have to get yet another profession that involved me traveling the world? I couldn't just lay low? I'm sure some people back home know about my new job now anyway. Seeing me on billboards or hearing about me in magazines or TV. There is truly no way to go incognito unless you change your entire identity and live off somewhere in the Cayman islands like a forager. Why didn't I think of that sooner?

The jet finally arrived, and I piled onto it slowly. As I looked up at the the ground as it slowly become smaller below me, I groaned.

Partially what I felt might be guilt. Me sulking through my life because of what happened. It can never be forgotten. As much as I tried, it still hurts me deep inside like a knife stabbing me. Madison constantly begging me to let her see him and here I was, Making him sound like a deadbeat when she was exactly what he's always wanted. Me becoming a world renown producer of vogue when we both could have been working this job together, or at least upgrading together.