Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

After an hour...

Chiron enters the big house and Annabeth and Nico stands up. Nico beated Annabeth to ask the question
.
"Chiron, how is he??"

Chiron looks at Nico. "He's fine now. But he must not be stressed it might open his wound."

Nico sighed. "Thank the gods"

Both of them looked relieved upon hearing the news. Chiron looks at Annabeth. "He wants to see you, Annabeth."

Annabeth quickly left the big house to go the infirmary leaving Nico and Chiron.

Nico sits back down and puts his head in his hands. "Its all my fault," he said.

"No its not" Chiron knelt in front of Nico trying to comfort him.

"Yes it is" he said shaking his head.

"How can it be your fault Nico?" Chiron asked the boy.

Nico started to tell Chiron the story

[Few hours earlier]

Nico quietly leaves the camp and unknown to him that he was being followed.

"Nico!"

Nico looks behind and was surprised to see Percy following him.

"Why are you following me, Jackson?"

Percy looked hurt when Nico called him by his last name. Nico saw this and ignored it and started to walk again. Percy ran and grabbed Nico's arm.

" Where are you going?"

"None of your businees."

"Your going to find that guy arent you?"

"Didnt you hear what Chiron said? His the only one who could cure Hazel."

"And didnt you hear that, that guy is already dead!"

"I dont care if he's dead!" Nico violently removed Percy's grip on him. "I'll talk to his soul or whatever. But this I assure you, I'm not losing another loved one without doing anything." Nico just stared at Percy's sea green eyes to prove that he will.

Percy could see the pain and sorrow which Nico went through in his eyes.Percy sighed, " Very well then, I'll help you finding Asclepius." Percy started to walk and Nico just stared at him in shock.

"Well? Arent you coming??" Percy asked when he noticed that Nico was not following him.

Nico broke into a grin and happliy ran to Percy.

"Percy, Nico!" a voice called out to them.

"Annabeth!" Percy shouted. Surprised to see her catching up to them.

"Why are you here??" Nico asked.

"I know where you're going and I can lead you there" Annabeth said looking at Nico.

"What do you mean?" Nico innocently asked.

"I'm not stupid Nico. You're going to find Asclepius. To ask him to heal Hazel."

Nico did not answer because Annabeth was right.

"You know she's not called wise girl for nothing." Percy wrapped an arm around Annabeth's waist.

"Ha whatever seaweed brain." Annabeth kissed Percy on the lips.

Nico clenched his fists and turned the other way. Go get a room he thought. Annabeth you're so lucky to have him.

"Can we go now?" Nico irritatingly asked.

Percy and Annabeth stopped kissing. Annabeth blushes a little. "Oh sure lets go." Percy walked up to Nico with Annabeth and started to walk fast.

"Are you this is the place?" Nico suspiciously asked Annabeth. "Yeah, Annabeth" Percy agreed with Nico. "What are we doing in front of an old hospital?"

Annabeth roled her eyes and faced the two. "Isnt it obvious? This is where Asclepius is."

The two looked at the hospital. It looked like it once was a big hospital, but now it looks like a tornado hit it like hell.

"Argh whatever!" Nico said. "But how on earth are we gonna go through those?!" Nico pointed to the animal roaming around in front of them.

Percy's jaw dropped and Annabeth gasped in surprise.

"What the heck is that?" Annabeth asked opened mouth.

"What?!" Percy suddenly looked at Annabeth in surprise. "You dont know those things?"

"No." Annabeth said still staring at the creatures who are floating few centimeters from the ground.

"Great" Nico said in a disappointed tone. He cant believe that the smart girl is speechless. Annabeth looked sourly at Nico which he just ignored.

The creatures are smoky but when one turned around at the direction where Nico, Annabeth and Percy are hiding the three of them gasp at what they saw. It was a grey smoky creature with a skull for a face, no eyes just black pits, talons for hands, bony arms and carrying a sythe.

The creature heard them gasped and saw them and attacked them. Percy uncappef his pen, Nico drew his sword and Annabeth drew her knife.

The creature was so fast that it hit Percy with his sythe which he dodge by few centimeters.

"Nico!" Percy shouted will dodging the sythe and trying to attack it. " Go in the building and find that As-c-pi whatever! You know who I mean." He dodged again."We'll handle this."

Nico rushed inside the building checking every room until he got to the third floor.

"Who's there?"