One

One

*~*~*~*

"Which do you like?" I heard as I sat on my bed, flipping through some magazine that my best friend, Isabelle, had picked up the last time she went out. At the question I looked up to find Isabelle herself standing in my doorway, dressed in a revealing white two piece with matching heels. In her hands she held two wigs, a long blue one and a short platinum bob.

"Blonde." I tossed the magazine aside, grabbing my jacket as I got up. "I love you Izzy, but blue hair just isn't your style. Maybe you should give that one back to Meliorn."

"Someone's feisty." She smirked, setting the blue wig aside on my dresser. "I like it. Who do I have to thank?"

"Isabelle, Elizabeth, let's go." Her brother, Alec's, familiar voice called our from the hallway. I smirked, able to avoid her question, as we looped arms and headed down the hall, catching up with Alec.

"Hey there, big bro." Izzy greeted her older brother.

"Really?" He frowned at the wig in her hands.

"What can I say?" She shrugged. "Demons dig blondes."

"Of course they do, but that's white." Alec commented. "Besides, Zia's a blonde."

"Platinum, and I'm glad you noticed." I corrected him.

"And they don't exactly like Shakespeare, okay, Alec?" Izzy added as we reached the main room, spotting a familiar blonde standing in front one of the far monitors.

"You're both plenty distracting on your own." Alec assured us as he pulled on his gloves.

"So, be ourselves." Izzy smirked while I silently raised a brow at the tall boy. "Is that what you're trying to say?"

"Never mind." Alec rolled his eyes. "Looking good, let's go."

"We're ready, Jace." I alerted the blonde as we reached him, causing him to look away from the monitor and at us. 

"Nice choice, Izzy." Jace nodded at the wig in her hands. "Demons dig blondes."

"Told you." Izzy hummed.

"It's platinum." Alec scoffed.

"All right, for some reason our demon friends are killing mundanes and draining their blood." Jace ran over the mission with us as we all started to collect our chosen weapons. I could see Alec grabbing his bow and arrows while Izzy slipped her whip around her wrist and Jace grabbed a couple seraph blades. I grabbed a seraph blade of my own before grabbing two daggers that I used to pin my hair up and out of my face, showing off the dark rune that marked the left side of my neck.

"Why do they want blood? Isn't that vampire territory?" Alec stated the obvious. 

"I don't know, Alec." Jace shook his head.

"Lazy vampires?" I suggested.

"There must be something special about their blood." Izzy sighed. 

"What could be special about mundane blood?" Alec frowned at the suggestion, showing off just how fond he was of mundanes.

"You get me a sample and I'll tell you exactly what they're looking for." Izzy said.

"One mundane blood, coming right up." I promised her.

"We'll have more answers when we figure out exactly who the demons are working for." Jace said. 

"So, you don't think they're acting on their own?" Izzy asked.