Five

Five

*~*~*~*

"Izzy." Alec called out to his sister as he and I arrived at the location Izzy had texted us, telling us to meet her at. At the sound of her older brother's voice, the brunette turned around, resting a hand on her hip that was covered with a tight red dress. "I got your text. Where are we exactly?"

"It's an old meatpacker's service entrance." She informed us, a smile playing on her lips. "If we go back there, we come up into the basement of the Hotel DuMort. Perfect, right? We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to find Simon."

"Okay." Alec said.

"Okay?" Izzy frowned at the blandness of his response. "It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel."

"Great job, Izzy." I smiled at my friend, ignoring the fact that I knew exactly how she'd gotten this information from her Seelie boyfriend.

"You have faerie dust on your dress." Alec pointed out as he started to lead the way through the building. "And I hate being the distraction."

"I don't." Izzy and I spoke in sync.

"You know, you'd be a lot happier if you weren't so freaking repressed." Izzy shot me a look as she spoke to her brother, earning no response from him. I only shook my head at her as we continued to follow him. "Alec? Hello? You're really not gonna talk to me, are you?"

"That's because you have no idea what you're talking about." Alec finally spoke up, his voice hard.

"But I do." Izzy insisted. "You're hiding from yourself, not me. You have feelings, whether you like 'em or not, Alec."

"This is not the time or the place, Izzy." Alec said as we all climbed up a ladder, into the basement of Hotel DuMort. 

"I don't know. Looks pretty smooth so far. This must be the way." Izzy walked over to a door and opened it. On the other side of the door we all saw a group of vampires talking amongst each other, but at the sound of the door opening their heads snapped up, looking in our direction.

"Well, not that smooth." I muttered as we slammed the door shut, putting all our weight on it as the vampires tried to get through to us. I glanced at Alec, seeing that he was working on putting a locking rune on the door to buy us more time.

"Any day now." Izzy grunted as the vampires continued to push against the door. 

"Yeah, if you hold the door still, it might be a lot easier." Alec told us. "It's not taking it."

"Of course," I rolled my eyes. I pulled out my seraph blade before pushing off the door. I used the blade to cut through one of the pipes on the wall, breaking off a piece that I quickly slid in the door to prevent the vamps from getting through, at least, for a little longer.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword was an idiot." Izzy smirked at me as we all stepped a few yards back from the door, pulling out our weapons, preparing to fight. 

"When you're right, you're right." Alec nodded in agreeing, notching an arrow.

"Do you think they know where we are?" Izzy joked, earning a laugh from me. 

"That's the idea, right?" Alec pointed out. "How long do we have to distract them for?"

"Ten more minutes." I guessed.

"Ten minutes?" Alec glanced at me,  frown filling his face. "Are you kidding? We're liquid lunch in five."

"So let's distract them." Izzy shrugged as a hand reached between the door and it's frame, ripping the pipe from the door. Not a second later the door burst open, several vampires rushing in, fangs bared as they prepared to attack us. None of us wasted any time in attacking them, Izzy using her whip to grab one by the neck while Alec sent arrows flying. I rushed forward, a dagger in each hand as I took on the vampires up close, sending my daggers into their chests every chance I got.