Chapter 11

In the car she updates me about everything that has been going on since my attack. Braden got seven years in prison and our company won a fashion award for greatest style of the year. How exciting is that.

She told me how Ashley left and Emma didn't even realize she was gone. We get to her apartment and as soon as I walk in I get tackled by Zeke. He licks my face and jumps around me then licks me some more.

"I am happy to see you too, boy." I squat down to give him a hug and a kiss on his snout. When I raise up he gets happy again. I can't stop myself from laughing but I cringe because my stomach is still tender. He settles down and I go sit on their couch and watch T.V. with Emma. Zeke lays on my feet. I have to try to take it easy.

I zone out, thinking about Kaiden. He does mean a lot to me. I could definitely see him as more then a friend. He is perfect to me, the perfect man for me.

He makes me feel good about myself which I haven't been able to do in such long time. I feel like I can tell him my deepest and darkest secrets and he would still like me.

I feel like we have a lot in common. We both have bad pasts yet here we are still fighting for a normal life.

Emma looks up at me with a smile and snuggles closer to my side. She is so cute. I can't help but smile back as I watch her in awe. She looks like her daddy so much. She is so funny and such a happy child.

He is doing a good job with this little girl. She is so bright. She knows half of her alphabet. She sings and dances, she is so gentle with Zeke and she loves to play ball with him.

I may not have known her and Kaiden for very long but they are already special to me. When I am not around them, I feel a pull at my heart to go to them. I think Hailie may have been right when she told Kaiden that I loved them. Maybe this is what it feels like to love someone.

Kaiden has given me something that I have not had in a while, love, compassion, happiness, fun and most of all he gives me hope. Hope that there are good people out there. Hope that there is a happily ever after for me. Hope that maybe the two of them could be my happily ever after.

"Where is Kaiden at?" I look at Keilan for an answer.

He turns his new phone in my direction, recording Emma and I. "He is covering Alex while he takes his wife in for an ultrasound. He will be back soon."

We are all acting silly for the camera when there is a knock on the door. I move to get up to answer it and Hailie puts her hand on my shoulder, successfully keeping me in my seat, goes to answer it.

" Where is my daughter at? I can not believe he would leave her with all of you, unbelievable." Ashley says as she pushes her way past Hailie. She grabs Emma and starts dragging her toward the door. Emma is screaming. I step in front of the door so she can't leave with her.

" Your not going anywhere with her. Let go of her wrist, you are hurting her. She was left here for a reason." She leaves for, I don't know how long and comes back to hurt her daughter. Yeah, some mom she is. I knew this would happen.

" I don't know who the hell you think you are but this is my kid. You need to move out of our way before I call the cops." She tries to pass me but I move in her way again.

" Go ahead and call them. I am curious as to what they would do about a mom that signed custody over to her dad then, shows up to try to take her from the people that love her. I will make sure Kaiden is here when they arrive to tell them all about it."

"You left them not once but twice therefore, Emma is Kaiden's daughter, not yours. He is the one that has been there for every diaper change and through all the tears and monsters under the bed. He is the one that comforts her and makes sure she has everything she needs." I snapped back.