Chapter 10

I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far. I enjoy writing it for you guys. 

I try to crack open my eyes but the room is to bright. I keep trying and a little bit at a time I can see. It starts off blurry, the more I blink the clearer everything becomes. Am I still alive? I look around trying to see where I am but all I see are white walls and a curtain with one big window. I look to the side of the bed I am laying in to see the machines I am hooked up to. I guess I am in the hospital.

I see Hailie asleep in a chair beside me. She has to be uncomfortable. It looks like she had been crying.

I look at the other side and see my savior in a chair with his head on my bed. He has my hand in his. He looks peaceful when he sleeps.

What is he doing here he has a family. Emma's mom came back to be with them. He shouldn't be here but I do enjoy having my hand in his.

"He hasn't left your side since he brought you in. He keeps saying it is all his fault." I turn to see Hailie staring back at me.

"He does love you but he also wants his daughter to be able to have her mother. If it wasn't for Ashley coming around, you know you two would probably be together." She looks between us sadly.

I try to sit up but my stomach feels like it is tearing open. I have flashes of what happened and start to panic." It was Braden."

" We know. Calm down." She stands taking my hand. " Kaiden seen a guy by the community center before he left. What Braden said to you echoed in my mind. I went to Facebook and showed him a picture of Braden."

"He seen him before he left. He is in jail until you talk to the police to tell them what happened. I knew he was a little off for cheating on you but I had no idea he was this off." She looks down at the floor.

"What did the doctor say is wrong with me?" I pull the covers back to reveal a white bandage with blood coming through it. I pull the bandage back to see stitches holding the two wounds together.

"You had smoke inhalation and when he stabbed you he hit your large intestine and they couldn't get the bleeding to stop so they had to do surgery. They took out a piece of it to make sure there wouldn't be any infection and stitched it back up.

Please don't be mad but Kaiden told them to do whatever needed to save your life. If you wouldn't have had the surgery you would have died and I don't know what I would do without you. Your my sister and I couldn't take that kind of pain. I love you." Her eyes are filling with tears.

" Thank you for being such a good friend to me. I don't deserve any of you guys. I really don't. You and Keilan have always been there for me, no matter the time. I know I can always come to you two if I need anything at all. I may take advantage of that sometimes but I know how blessed I am to have all of you."

" I love you guys and I know I said that there is no such thing as love but you, Keilan, Kaiden and Emma, your all I have. Your all my family and you guys are the ones that have taught me that there is a such a thing as love and it is the best feeling in the world."

"I get this indescribable feeling when I am with you guys. I know I am safe. I know that no matter what happens, I will always have you. You have always been the one telling me that one day, I will find someone that makes my life better, that takes the pain away, even a little."

"That is you guys. My life has changed so much, for the better, because I have you guys and I could never thank you guys enough for that but I want you all to know that in case I don't make it out of this hospital." I look from her to Kaiden with tears in my eyes.

" Don't you dare talk like that. Your going to make it out. What do I always tell you, you are stronger than anybody gives you credit for. You may not know it but I see you girl. You have been through so much pain and lose in your life and you still came out on top despite everything the world has thrown at you."