Chapter 12

"Turn toward me darling, we are almost there. I take a deep breath and hold my hand out for him to grab. Instead of helping me out of the truck, he picks me up bridal style and gently sets me down on the ground.

We walk a few steps and stop. I feel him turn my body to the right. "I have to touch your face to take the blindfold off. Is that alright?"

"Yes, I would not make a good blind person. I thought your other senses were supposed to kick in but apparently mine are a little slow." He chuckles and I feel his gentle touch on my cheeks. My body reacts in ways I haven't ever felt. The warm sensations run through my body like chills on rainy day.

He slides the blindfold from my face. The bright light stings my eyes until they adjust to the intrusion. In front of me is a big balloon.

"You brought me to a hot air balloon. Are we going to take a ride in it?" I am excited to see it. I have always wanted to ride in one but never had the opportunity. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

He laughs at my level of excitement. "Yeah we are going to ride in it. Hailie told me you weren't afraid of heights. I had to ask before I did something like this. I don't want to scare you off." He looks down at his feet with sadness.

"I don't think you could scare me off anymore. At first, yeah absolutely, but now... I know you would never do anything to hurt me." I look into his eyes so he knows how sincere I am when I say that. These past few weeks have been amazing. He has been amazing.

"I hope you do know that. I would hurt myself before I let anything happen to you." He gives me his panty dropping smile. I love that smile.

"Can we get on the balloon now, Please?" I give him my best puppy eyes.

He laughs then nods his head. "Yes" I shout and wrap my arms around him to thank him for this.

He picks up by my waist like I weigh nothing, and sits me down in the basket.

We introduce ourselves to Gavin, the pilot. He explains to us, the rules of being on the balloon as we take off.

As we go up, the butterflies in my stomach start to increase. This is amazing on so many levels. I feel a warm sensation throughout my body when Kaiden wraps his arms around my waist.

"Is this alright?." He refers to his arms being wrapped around me.

"This is perfect." I lean back against his chest and lay my hands over his.

"The view up here is absolutely breathtaking." I look out onto some hills with the sun shining behind them.

"Nothing will ever compare to your beauty." I look back at him, in awe, and smile. He knows how to melt my heart.

We are like this for a half an hour, watching the scenery pass by us. We bring the beautiful parts to each others attention.

"As much as I hate for this to end, I need to blind fold you before we reach our next destination." I look at him like he is crazy.

"You will like it. Trust me, I'm not letting anything happen to you, ever." I nod my head and he slides his finger over my cheek and look into my eyes for a moment. When he gets the blindfold back over my eyes, I hear the pilot say we were almost there.

I feel him wrap his arms around my waist again. "I don't want you to fall when we touch down." I lean my head back on his shoulder, enjoying the moments sensations.

I feel us touch the ground with a bump. Kaiden talks to the pilot then I am lifted over the side of the balloon. This man has to be strong to lift me like I weight nothing.