New Car

Y/n looked at all the cars sitting about

Y/n looked at all the cars sitting about. She just got her driver's license and she wanted a car. After working for almost a year non stop, she gained 4,000 dollars.

"Mm honey look, this one is nice," her mom said putting her hand on the windowsill. Y/n scrunched her nose in disgust. The car was a red minivan.

"Well, find one," her mom mumbled, getting frustrated. They had been here for far too long.  Y/n rolled her eyes in annoyance.

  "Mom, you basically brought me to a junkyard!" She crossed her arms, not satisfied with the hunks of metal sitting about.

Y/n searched down the isles of cars and her eyes were glued on a magnificent car.

Y/n whistled and jogged towards the car.

Y/n almost tripped because of her converse laces, which always seemed to be untied. 

She came up to the car and looked at the sign which read:

Black and yellow Camaro

Y/n whistled again and sat on her knees and lightly touching the rim like in was glass. "Wow."

Her eyes couldn't get any bigger.

Y/n's mom finally got to her and she looked at the car with a weary face.

"I-I want this car," y/n said in awe. There was an electric pull between her and the Camaro and she wondered why. Maybe she just really wanted it.

Her mom studied the car, "Oh, sweetie there's probably better cars-" she started, but Y/n cut her off.

"No I want this one, in putting my foot down," she stomped her foot. She was getting this car. It was her money, her choice.

A boy who looked 17 came around. "That one's special," he said.

Y/n turned to face him and smiled.

"Even though it's rusty and has been through a lot doesn't mean it can't run," he spoke again.

"Yeah thank you, Y/n we'll pass," her mom said pulling her daughter away by the arm.

"No! I'm going to pick the car I want! I'm the one who has to buy it, and I'm the one who has to drive it!" Y/n shouted yanking herself from her mother's grip.

They always butted heads.

"Fine. But there could be better..." her mom mumbled

"None are better than this one," Y/n whispered.

"Okay, that would be 4,000 please," the boy said.

Y/n dug in her pockets and grabbed 4,000 dollars.

"I'll get the paperwork," he left to get the papers and y/n kept sliding her hands across the hood.

Her heart thumped with happiness.