i

⚜🌺⚜

TYLER'S BODY BOUNCED slightly with each step Josh made, his soft breath caressing the back of the older's ear. Josh kept his hands secured around the small boy, both locked tightly underneath Tyler's pudgy thighs as he ascended the staircase. The brunette's head was tucked tightly into Josh's neck, his arms starting to slip from their place around the elder's shoulders as he fought off sleep.

"'M tired, bear."

Josh let out a soft chuckle at Tyler's stating of the obvious but just hummed softly in return, kissing Tyler's temple.

"I know y'are, peach. We're almost t'your room, so try not t'fall asleep again."

Tyler nodded into Josh's jugular before pulling off to blink at him bashfully. Josh smiled at his owlish expression and placed a chaste kiss on the smile boy's nose. The brunette let out a quiet giggle interrupted by a yawn and began to rub his eyes with a small fist. He then nuzzled back into the crook of Josh's neck and let out a small, content sigh.

The landing creaked with the combined weight of the two boys when Josh finally reached the top. He made his way to Tyler's room, toeing open the door with his foot and stepping inside. He didn't bother to turn the lights on and went straight to Tyler's bed, placing the boy down at the foot. Josh chuckled as he saw the boy begin to nod off. Tyler watched through tired eyes as Josh untied his favorite pair of white converse, slipping them off before peeling his pastel pink socks off as well.

"Do y'need me t'help y'get undressed?" Josh asked him softly. Tyler responded with a slight nod, his eyelids already fluttering shut. Josh smiled fondly at the boy and began to unbutton the varsity jacket that hung off of his body. The brunette insisted on wearing the jacket during the car ride home, and the smell of older boy lingering on the fabric promptly coaxed him to sleep in the front seat.

After Josh removed the jacket, what remained was a pair of black leggings and a thin, white tank top with the sides cut down a few inches above Tyler's waist. Josh grabbed the lip of the shirt in his hands and bent down to press a kiss into Tyler's forehead before whispering, "Arms up, peach."

Tyler obeyed and let Josh tug the soft material over his head. He threw the dirty shirt into the hamper before getting to work on Tyler's leggings. Shimmying them down, his thumbs tucked under the waistband of the legging and tugged them past the boy's bottom, having a rather difficult time because Tyler was refusing to stand up. After some time, he somehow managed to slip the black material down the brunette's thighs and off his ankles.

Now only clothed in his lacy, white panties, Tyler shivered from the cold and made grabby hands towards Josh. The elder sighed but leaned forward and hoisted Tyler back into his grasp. Using one arm to keep the exhausted boy in his grip from falling, Josh used his free hand to pull back the covers, laying tyler down on the silky sheets and then tugged the covers back into their original position. Josh sat down next to the boy, a smile gracing his features as Tyler snuggled deeper into the duvet.

"Bear?"

Tyler's voice was gentle and almost a whisper, the tug of sleep pulling him further towards the gentle lull of dreamland.

"Yes, peach?"

Tyler unsuccessfully stifled a yawn before reaching out and pulling on Josh's shirt softly.

"Can y'stay with me until I fall asleep?"

Josh held back a coo at Tyler's command, his chest swelling with unadulterated adoration. Simply skating his fingers through the boy's fluffy hair, Josh leaned down and kissed the gentle swell of Tyler's cheek.

"A'course, peach."

Josh pulled off his shoes and shucked off his jeans, walking around the bed before climbing under the covers with Tyler. The smaller boy quickly turned into the older boy's arms, snuggling deep into his chest and letting out a small sigh. Josh placed a kiss to Tyler's hair before continuing to run his fingernails along his scalp gently.

"You're my pretty, li'l peach, y'know that?" Josh whispered. Tyler face broke into a soft smile, curling his tiny fingers into fists against the taut, muscled skin of the older's chest. The brunette nodded, intertwining their legs beneath the covers.

"And you're my big, strong bear."

The elder hummed in agreement, closing his eyes and relishing in the peace.

🌺

The door closed with a light thud as Josh exited, his shoes in his hand and his jeans back on. He padded lightly down the stairs and into the den where he plopped down on the couch and started pulling his shoes back on. Patting his back pocket to make sure he had his car keys, he saw Tyler's mother looking at him from the kitchen and smiled apologetically.

"'M real sorry, Mrs. Joseph. It's my fault he keeps stayin' at school so late; he insists on comin' t'every one'a my games, and when he pulls those puppy-dog eyes out, I just don't have the heart t'tell him no."

Kelly just clicked her tongue and waved her hand dismissively. "Nonsense, Joshua," she tutted. "Y'have nothin' t'apologize for."

"But, ma'am—"

"Nuh-uh, honey; I won't have none'a that. It's no trouble t'me if he stays late, s'long as he gets home. I should be thankin' you for drivin' him back here in one piece." Josh just grinned sheepishly, stuffing his callous hands into his back pockets.

"What're best friends for?"

Kelly blinked in surprise at Josh's words, a confused expression crossing her features. "I thought you two were...?" She trailed off and Josh gave her a quizzical look.

"Sorry, ma'am; didn't catch that last bit. Y'mind repeatin'?" Josh questioned, cocking his head slightly, unsure as to whether or not he heard her correctly. Kelly only gave a gentle smile and a small chuckle, shaking her head.

"S'nothin' y'need t'worry yourself with, dear. Y'get home safe, y'hear? Wouldn't want Tyler t'wake up t'me tellin' him somethin' happened t'you; he loves ya' a whole lot."

Josh's face broke into a large grin as he swung his bag over his shoulder. He pulled open the door and stepped outside, saying his last goodbyes and a quick, "Trust me, ma'am; the feelin's mutual." before venturing back to his pickup.

"Oh, dear," Kelly sighed, a fond smile on her face. "What am I gonna do with those two?"

⚜🌺⚜

i hope you are eating and drinking well. your health and well-being are extremely important to me.