viii

we jumped 1.1k reads since last time. thank you all so much for that!

⚜🌺⚜

"DO I REALLY hafta do this?"

"Yes, Tyler. Ryan and I already have everythin' planned out."

Tyler took a deep breath and flattened out his pleated skirt. Jenna stood behind him as they examined his outfit in the mirror.

 Jenna stood behind him as they examined his outfit in the mirror

"Y'look beautiful, Tyler," she comforted, rubbing his arm. He simply nodded, fiddling with his bracelet nervously. His eyelids sparkled with a light layer of glitter and eyeliner. Jenna thought mascara would be overkill, stating, "If your eyelashes get any prettier, I'm gonna start wonderin' whether I should be doin' somethin' with mine."

"Hey."

Jenna grabbed his hands and stroked the back of one gently. It wasn't until now that he realized they were trembling. He let out a shuddering breath and squeezed her hand tightly.

"You're gonna get him back; don't worry. Just wait until he sees what he's been missin'."

Tyler nodded acquiescently and held back the urge to pick at his newly painted nails.

"Did y'send the text yet?" Jenna asked, making the brunette tense. He shook his head and Jenna sighed. "Well, y'better hurry up and do it before Josh leaves t'pick y'up." Tyler nodded glumly and dragged himself to his phone; it sat almost menacingly on his nightstand. He grabbed it with a shaking hand and suddenly felt sick as he glanced at his lock screen.

It was a picture of him and Josh in their halloween costumes. Tyler thought it would have been funny if they dressed as teachers. Ryan thought it seemed bland, but Josh found it endearing, so that's what they went with. They even found some non-prescription glasses for Josh to wear.

 They even found some non-prescription glasses for Josh to wear

"I-I can't," he mumbled, shaking his head. He quickly turned and thrust his phone towards Jenna. "Y-you're gonna hafta do it." She sighed but nodded understandingly. After plucking the phone from Tyler's hands, she asked, "What's your password?" Tyler swallowed, sitting down on the bed and holding back tears.