vii

1000 reads, oh my god, i was not expecting this so soon.

⚜🌺⚜

THURSDAY.

Tyler's plan still wasn't working, but he didn't know what else to do. Josh's date (the brunette didn't want to think of it as a date, but he knew very well that's how it was going to play out.) with Debby was only two days away, and the boy felt sure tomorrow would be his last chance.

He was scared, God, so scared that he was losing Josh, losing his best friend, his bear, his Josh, the boy who had taken time out of every day to make sure Tyler knew how pretty he was. The boy who carried Tyler when his legs were tired, who made sure to tell Tyler just how gorgeous he thought he was every single day.

The boy he loved.

"J-J-Jen, i-it's n-not work-workin'. I'm-m sc-scared," he sobbed, clutching his friend tightly. She felt awful. Tyler was one of the happiest boys she knew, and to see him reduced to nothing but tears and painful sobs made her want to cry.

Tyler asked Jenna to sleep over once school had ended, and, after walking home alone for most of the week, it felt nice to have someone to talk to.

"It's gonna be okay, Tyler. Josh... Josh just needs t'come t'his senses is all. You two are gonna be fine."

Suddenly, Tyler went quiet. "Jen...," he whimpered, looking up at her with terrified eyes.

"We haven't talked in ages, not even when he drives me t'school. He j-just sits there, Jen. I-I've worn all his favorite ou-outfits, and I've been talkin' t'other boys, and he won't even look at me. I-I-I can't lose him, Jen; I n-n-need him. I need him s-so much!"

He began to wail pathetically into Jenna's chest, making her heart throb painfully.

"Oh, Tyler...," she whispered, pulling the boy close. "I know y'do, hun. I know."

Little did he know; he wasn't the only one afraid.

Josh paced back in forth on the baseball field. He bit anxiously at his thumbnail, a nervous habit he thought he had gotten over, but it looked like it only took his beautiful peach ignoring him for a week for old habits to resurface. He didn't think he had felt this anxious in a long time.

"I don't know how much longer I can do this," he admitted. "He clearly don't want me around, b-but I'm not sure I can stay away."

Ryan sighed irritably, shaking his head.

"How many times do I gotta tell ya'?! Tyler ain't annoyed a'you, he's tryin' t'make ya'—"

"I think that if Tyler doesn't want you around, you shouldn't be around him. He's not all that special, so it shouldn't be too hard."

Ryan practically growled at Debby, who just shrugged back at him. "Whose side are y'on!" he hissed. She didn't answer.

"You're... you're right, Debs. If he wants space, I should give it t'him; it doesn't matter how I feel."

Ryan's jaw dropped and Debby gave him a smirk.

"Josh, listen t'me! I told ya', he's just—Josh!" Ryan called after him, but he was already gone. Suddenly, Ryan turned to Debby.