Chapter 6

It had been two days since the last scream and Emily was happy because finally get a good sleep without having to wake up to find she had a nightmare about a death.

At the beginning of the next school day Emily and Skyla went into the library as normal sat at a table and Emily started their conversation with "OK. I thing I understand what is happening. I think that people who are making promises with me and then breaking them like.. die."
"OK first of all for a normal girl that's crazy. But you are far from normal if you like kill people!"
"I don't kill people! At least not on purpose! But if this is what Is happening then every promise we made can NEVER be broken! I don't want to lose my best friend and my only friend."

Twelve. Eleven. Ten. Emily was counting the seconds until the bell at the end of the day. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One. "RRRIIINNNGGG!!!" Went the bell. Everyone ran out the classroom along with all the other students in the school. Emily and Skyla went to their lockers then walked out the gate and walked their individual ways home.

On Emilys way home she was just walking down the road when "AGGGGGGGG!!!" But this time it was a man's scream so she ran the rest of the way home and through the mint green wooden front door.

Emily got into the hall to find that her Mum,as always, was cooking in the kitchen but her dad wasn't in his office upstairs as per normal so she went back down the stairs to the kitchen and asked "Mum. Where's Dad?"
"I don't know honey. But he should be home in time for tea." But he wasn't.
And he wasn't home in time for Emily to go to sleep. "Where is he?" Emily whispered to herself. Just then the phone rang "Hello?" Her Mum said to the person on the phone "Yes this is his wife. Oh. Right. I'll have to tell her then we'll come to him. Thank you." And the phone was put down. "Um. Emily! Can you come down please!" Her mum said half crying. "Mum? Is everything ok?"
"Oh sweetheart it's your farther."