Chapter 3

Dinner with Marie that night went great, I ended up making her favorite dinner without even knowing. I enjoy learning new things about her everyday. It's amazing to have my big sister back. To see her to be a little more carefree and enjoy life instead of being mean and miserable. "How were finales today?"

"Actually pretty good! All of the studying we did has helped so much, thank you! I just have two more tomorrow and I'm done!"

"I'm glad I could help, how do you feel about the two tomorrow?"

"Ehh. Not as confident but not bad either, I think I'll do okay. How was the interview?"

Just thinking about Mr. Toma brings a slight burn to my face as I recall his intense gaze.

"Oh! Why are you blushing?!? Was the interviewer hot? Details! Please!!"

I giggle a little, because in that moment it feels really wonderful to have my big sister. "He was handsome, and oh so intense. He had these deep soulful brown eyes and his voice, don't get me started on it," I finish with a dreamy sigh, my face feels even warmer than before.

"Mmhhm, so he is hot. When you get this job, can I come and see you?" she giggles as she asks.

I just laugh at her, "Of course you can come and see me. I'll even show you the animals that we have there, I mean, if I get the job of course."

"You will, no one can resist that angel like face. On top of that you're smart and a hard worker. He would be a fool to turn you away," she finishes with a small smile.

"Thank you Marie, that really means a lot to me," I give a small smile in return. "Now, how about a cake to celebrate you finishing your first semester of college tomorrow?"

"Yes! Can we have a chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting?"

"If that's what you want. And if you get great grade on all your finals, which I'm positive that you are going to, the we can go out to your favorite restaurant to celebrate!'

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" She gets up and dance a little happy dance. "Oh hey, do you think I can bring over a few friends after finals tomorrow? Just to hang out and relax?"

"Sure, I don't see why not. Are they going to stay for dinner?"

"If that's okay with you."

"Sounds fine. Do you want me to make taco soup? Or maybe something else?

"Yum! Taco soup sounds perfect! Some of my friends have been asking about it since that time you packed me some for lunch."

"Ok, I will make that then, how many friends are you going to have?"

"Hmmm.... Maybe four or five."

"Oh, last thing. Are you going to want me to hide in my room?"

"No! Geez, Sang, I want you to meet my friends and hang out with us. They want to meet you because I brag about my cute little sister all the time!" She tells me as she gives me a side hug and rubs my back in a comforting motion. In that moment, my eyes tear up a little. She truly cares about me and it feels amazing.

"Okay, thanks Marie! Oh, how is it going that that 'friend' for yours? What was his name again, Matt?"

She blushes and smile, "He asked me out on a date today!" She says as she jumps up and down.

"Oh my goodness! That is great!" I'm so happy for her!

"Yes, I'm so excited. I have no idea what we are doing, it's a surprise he says!" she gets this adorable dreamy look on her face as she thinks about him. She shakes her head a few times as if to clear and looks at me. "Well I'm going to do the dishes and then go study for a bit. Thanks for dinner it was delicious as always. I don't know why you don't go to culinary school. I think you would be great in it. When you cook you always get this happy look on your face and always seems so sure of yourself, it's amazing to watch."

I blush, but smile at her, "Thank you. I don't know, but I'll think about. Now you go study, I can to the dishes tonight," I have no idea what she means about me cooking, but I nudge her to the stairs to start studying.

"Thank you!" She says as she climbs up the stairs.

I smile, Marie can't cook to save her life and so I have taken up the roll of cooking and baking in the house. Marie normally does the dishes but since finals, I have taken that up so she can focus on her schooling.

Doing the dishes leaves me to daydream, and I just so happen to start dreaming about Mr. Toma. I can't help but to wonder what it would be like to work with him and get to know him. I wonder what kind of person he is. What his favorite color is, favorite dinner, if he like sweets or not. Is he super picky? All these types of questions and more. I can't help but hope I get this job.

The dishes are done and I go upstairs and get ready for bed. I brush my teeth, take my hair down and brush it out. Then change into my night clothes. I go to my room and turn on my stereo the peaceful violin plays. Grabbing my book that I am currently reading, I snuggle in and start the chapter I am on.

Author's Note: 

Thanks you for all the comments and votes! They mean so much to me! I hope you enjoyed this chapter of sisterly love.

Let me know what you think! Sorry for any mistakes!