Chapter 9

I was right about it getting interesting. It was afternoon and I was out in the sun doing some yard work when I got a text from Marc.

Marc: Hey, Impersonator, what are you doing?

I laughed and texted back.

Me: Nothing really, just doing yard work.

Marc: Eww, that sounds boring.. Want to meet up? Are you free today?

My heart skipped a beat. Holy crap!

Me: Yes I'm free, what did you have in mind?

Marc: Well, there's this new movie out that I want to see and then I was thinking of maybe dinner?

Me: That depends.

Marc: On what?

Me: What movie are we seeing?

Marc: Well, do you promise not to laugh at me first?

Me: Why would I laugh at you?

Marc: Because, it's not really a manly movie.

Me: (-_-) Okay, I promise not to laugh.

Marc: Well, I wanted to see Beauty and the Beast.

Me: Aww!

Marc: Hey!

Me: I didn't laugh! Are you a fan of Disney?

Marc: Possibly. Will you go see it with me? And then get dinner?

Me: Okay, what time did you want to meet there?

Marc: The next showing starts at 2:15, so maybe and 1:45? I like to get there before everyone else and get good seats. And I was thinking of picking you up, if that is alright with you.

Me: Oh! How nice of you, my address is 2365 Sunnyvale Court.

Marc: Actually, I think I should get you around 1:15 to make sure we get there on time since you're further away from the theater.

Me: Sounds good!

Marc: See you soon then!

I smile. Holy Bananas on fried bread! I have a date! Oh no, I have a date tonight! What do you do on a date? Despite being with the boys for a while, we didn't really go on dates. Uh...what do I do? What do I wear?

In the middle of my internal panic attack, Marie came outside and gave me a weird look. "What the heck are you doing?" I turn to her and look at her with puppy eyes, hoping she can't resist. I'd say it worked when she started to fidget in place. "What? What's wrong? Why are you making puppy dog eyes?"

"Well, I um... was just asked out on a date," awkwardly pausing, she raises an eyebrow at me, "I think, and well I have no idea what to wear! Or how to act!" I say all that and take a deep breath before looking at her with puppy eyes again.

"Who are you going out with?"

"Um, his name is Marc. He's the one who asked me out at the grocery store."

"Mmhmm, okay. Where are you going?"

"We are seeing a movie and then going to dinner."

"Ok, well then it is a date. When are you going?"

"Well, um, he'll be here in like thirty minutes."

"What!?! Sang, you better get ready now! Go hop in the shower and make it quick!" I stare at her sudden enthusiasm, but is jolted out of my reverie when she starts to shake my shoulders. "Why are you still standing there? Get your butt in gear!"

With that, I rushed into the house and up the stairs, taking the quickest shower of my life. By the time I got out and into my room, Marie had already picked out a cute outfit for me and had it waiting for me on my bed. It was a soft green dress with pink flowers all over it. The dress comes down to my knees and has a sweetheart neckline. The straps are practically nonexistent, so she picked me out a pink cardigan, making the pink of the flowers pop. I noticed that is it nice and thin as to not overheat me in the hot, summer sun. She also picked out simple white strapped sandals.

As soon as I finish buckling my sandal strap I'm being summoned. "Sang, get your butt in here! I want to do your hair and makeup!"

I walk towards the bathroom to await further instructions.

"Oh, yeah, that was a good choice. Those colors bring out your eyes," she then starts on my hair, adding a bit of mousse before blow drying it and then using the curling iron to give me some loose bouncing curls. Pinning back the hair on the both sides, she makes it so that my hair is out of my face and straightening my side bangs. She then sits me down and adds mascara and a soft pink lip gloss. "There, beautiful! Hold on, I have the perfect necklace to go with this outfit!" She then runs out of the room. I can hear her footsteps hurrying to her room and then the soft sound of her digging into her jewelry box, and then her hurrying back. She holds a choker necklace, that has a white and pink flower in the center. And then a few white, pink, and green bracelets. "I would have given you earings but your ears aren't pierced."

"Thank you so much!," I tell her, overcome with the feeling of love as she helps me put the necklace on.

"I'm so happy I was able to help you get ready!" She has me twirl for her and she claps. "You look beautiful! If his jaw doesn't drop, don't go with him," she tells me with complete seriousness that I just nod to her.

The doorbell rings before she can say anything else. "You stay here, I want to meet this guy who is taking my baby sister out. Wait a few minutes and then come out." Before I can stop her, she's rushing off and leaving me with butterflies in my stomach. I hear the door open and then the murmurs of voices before Marie calls up to me.

With a deep breath, I walk down the stairs and see Marc at the bottom looking at Marie. I purposely step on the spot I knew made a noise and his head snaps up towards me. He takes a moment to stare at me before his jaw drops a bit and Marie smiling triumphant in the background. The intensity of his stare has me blushing.

"Sang, you look beautiful!" Marc breaths out, causing goosebumps to skitter across my skin.

I smile up at him. "Thank you, you look quite handsome as well." I tell him as I take in his multi colored eyes and his dark jeans with a nice button up blue shirt. There is a soft smile on his full lips and a light tint to his cheeks.

"Well, let's go see this movie," he takes my hand and walk towards the door. "It was a pleasure meeting you Marie!" She waves goodbye as she watches us walk away. Only closing the door when we get to his car, which he gets for me as a true southern gentlemen.

My first date! I can't help but feel very excited and slightly nervous.

Author's Note

You guys are so amazing! Thank you for all of your wonderful vote and comments!!

So, who is loving all these updates??

So, I'm hoping to update this story on Wednesday or every other Wednesday. 

Let me know what you think!!! Who's excited to see what happens on Sang's date??

Thank you eliwhi for all of your hard work!!!!