Amaya Lestrange

Hello! This is Echo writing, I've taken the liberty of doing the first chapter. Throughout the book (is it a book?), constructive criticism and corrections will be welcomed and taken into account. We are aware the timeline's a bit off but we're going to make it work (somehow). Please don't hate on us though, like, four of us have self esteem problems. There will be swearing, probably not smut, but definitely LGBT stuff so if you don't like that, leave.
Thank and bless -Echo.

"Rodolphus!" Amaya Lestrange called after her brother, pushing through the crowds that swarmed platform nine and three-quarters. "Wait! Oh, sorry," She'd accidentally knocked over the cage of an owl. "Oh, sorry, sorry, sorry," She reached out to right it but the owl snapped its beak at her.
"Hey!" The owl's owner glared down at her from behind rectangular glasses and Amaya felt her face heating up.
"Don't hurt him!" He stared at her indignantly.
"I really am sorry," She stuttered, backing away, grasping her cases and cat carrier and taking off again, following her brothers light hair above the crowd. She squeezed behind a dark haired girl who was talking amicably about some muggle book series to her parents, and came out on the edge of the platform next to the train.

Rodolphus had already boarded. Amaya suppressed a thrill at the thought of her first year at Hogwarts, and stepped onto the train, coming face to face with her brother. "Shut the door," Rodolphus spoke with quiet authority, challenging her. Amaya did as she was told and leant against the wall as calmly as she could with a cocktail of nerves and excitement churning in her stomach.
"You are not to sit with me at lunch, or at break, or now on the way there. You aren't to act like you know me. It's a coincidence that we have the same surname. Understand, little sis?"
"What? Why?" Amaya stared up at her brother in confusion.
"I don't want you mixing with the people I do, Maya. It's too dangerous."
"Who do you mix with, then?" Amaya realised suddenly that she hadn't ever heard her brother talk about his school life.
"It doesn't matter. You'll find out." Rodolphus' eyes were dark as he watched her, filled with regret. "Good luck, little sis." He leant forward, ruffled her brown hair, and set off down the train. He knocked on a compartment door, and slid inside.

Hurt and confused, Amaya nervously stood in the carriage, alone. Rodolphus was the only person she knew, save a few of the other pureblood kids that she'd vaguely met at dinner parties; the Blacks, the Malfoys. Now what was she going to do? She stood there as the whistle blew, as people filed onto the train, as the boy who's owl she'd knocked over stepped on, as the bookish girl pranced on. She stood there until the station was empty, and the Hogwarts express lurched into movement. Amaya realised she should probably find a place to sit, though the dark corridor was actually pretty nice, it was quiet and somehow more appealing than a compartment. She walked up the train, pausing at the door of each compartment to listen for voices. Everywhere seemed to be full, and when at last she opened the door to one silent compartment, she was greeted to the sight of a couple in a passionate embrace.

Cheeks flaming, she slammed the sliding door shut, and pressed herself against the wall of the corridor, face screwed up. Cursing herself, and cursing her brother, she stalked back up the train to his compartment. She rested a hand on the door handle, ready to tear it open and confront him, but paused as she caught a fragment of the conversation inside.
"Bella, we can't go! It's too dangerous!" It was Rodolphus.
"Come on honey, it's what we've been aiming for since we were first years!" It was a girls voice, low and husky, and it made Amaya shudder.
"Exactly! I've been thinking about that. Did we waste what's meant to be the happiest years of our lives for this? This wasn't what I signed up for Bella!" Rodolphus again.
"Shut up, you two, I'm trying to think," another voice sounded, arrogant and drawling.
"Yeah, that must be difficult for you Lucius," another woman's voice higher, and silkier than the other girl's.
"Shut up Narcissa!" The boy returned. Amaya blinked. The compartments occupants seemed to be a regular group of friends, except for... What had been too dangerous? What was her brother, and this Bella planning? And Lucius. Lucius Malfoy?