Glyn Scamander - First Night

Sitting up in his bed terrified, gasping for air Glyn noticed it was just a nightmare. He looked around, everyone was still in peaceful slumber. The room was dark but not scary since it still had a warm feeling to it. Glyn stared at the wall and thought:
How have I already freaked out? Its the first night. What if I freak out in front of the others, nonono I can't let that happen they'll think I'm mad. What if I am mad? Ugghh stop thinking like this brain and let me sleep.
He lay back down, exhausted from all the racing thoughts he was having. Lying there he just hoped that this year would go better than it has started off as.
Just as he closed his eyes someone ran in and shouted "Everyone Up And Come Into The Main Common Room, AND BE QUICK!"
Glyn shot up and put on his slippers and dressing gown. He also grabbed the stone lying on his bedside table to comfort him.
He entered the common room and saw all the older years standing around waiting for all of the first years to drag themselves in.

Once everyone was in the headboy told everyone to stand in a circle and link hands. The headboy started speaking and all the first years repeated.
It was a spell, a binding spell. One that allowed each other to know when something is wrong and when someone is in danger (people within Hufflepuff). After they finished chanting the spell they all had hot chocolate and sat round the fire for a while and just chattered among them. Glyn felt quite at home but he still felt a bit alien with all of these people.

As everyone galloped back into bed they all stared in awe at the glowing jasmine flowers trailing up the bed posts.

~Chloroplatious~