Reyna - First Day

"Up, up, geT UP!" shrieked a shrill voice in Reyna's ear, "We have exactly  14 minutes to get to breakfast at the Hall, which, by the way, I doubt we can even find, and we are going to be late if you don't get yourself up now"

Reyna groaned before pulling her duvet right back over her head, "Shudumpf nh lemme slewp," she muttered, earning another round of giggles from the around the room.

"Y'know, as hilarious as I find this, you really should get up now, if we don't want to be ridiculously late to breakfast," reprimanded a different girl.

"Where are all these voices coming from anyway," wondered Reyna as she blinked her eyes open into the blinding light.

Hogwarts. Of course.

Reyna jolted out of bed as the memories of last night came back to her in a rush. Sometime through he night she had heard a couple girls getting up and wandering around, but how they still managed to get enough sleep Reyna didn't know.

Untangling herself from the soft quilts that she had fallen asleep in last night, Reyna grabbed her robes and rushed to the separate dorm showers.

It was small and a thick layer of steam was already drifting across the room but it was enough for Reyna to get showered and dressed with some shred of decency, though she doubted that would last her the year.

Hardly five minutes later Reyna proudly emerged from the room, smug she had beaten their expectations of being late but found that there was no one left.

"Hmph."
Reyna huffed as she wandered around trying to find some socks,
"What're you looking for now, Reyna?" sighed an exasperated voice from around the corner.

"A sock, a shoelace and my scarf" listed off Reyna, barely registering the others hadn't left her behind after all.

"How have you lost so much, we got here last night! And how on earth have you lost your shoe lace?"

"I've lost both my shoe laces before" piped a second voice further along the corridor, "but never just the one, is that better or worse?"

"Worse" muttered the first voice, one Reyna now recognised as Gwen's.

"No, I'd say that's better, at least they're still paired up"

"Why'd woul- yknow what nevermind, REYNA ARE YOU DONE YET I'M LEAVING IN 20 SECONDS"

"Yes, yes I'm coming hold on," Reyna called back criss crossing between various piles of clothes and towels. Something brushed on her head as she scrambled up the room in chase of her scarf.

"AHH, THERE ARE SPIDERS IN HERE HELP!"

"Reyna, it is just a bit of string, get a grip, and you've now got ten seconds to go."

"Why is there a bit of string dangling from beams? OH it's my shoelace!"

Reyna hurried her way up to her scarf which was hung over a particularly angry looking painting, she made to go down to the other side of the room here she'd brushed upon her (singular) shoelace.

Scarf now clutched safely in her hand Reyna climbed up her bedside table, one foot on her bedpost, and jumped, hoping to latch on to her shoe lace in the process.

Inevitably, she failed, but with a happy chance the shoe lace fell down on Reyna just the same, tangling into her hair as she sat hopeless on the floor.