Lyra Emerson

Hey, it's Aelin here. We might stumble (literally) into some familiar faces in this chapter ;-) . I know it's not great but I hope you enjoy it regardless.

Lyra paced the corridors, searching. Searching for her insufferable cat. She loved Sandstorm with all her heart but there were times when he drove her up the wall. Many times. "Sandstorm? Where are you?" she hissed, exasperated. Out of the corner of her eye, Lyra saw a flash of gold. "Aha!" She murmured, briskly setting off in that direction. It wasn't much to go on but it was certainly enough.
It seemed to her that she had been walking forever down the infinite stretch of corridors, when all of a sudden, a dark silhouette flew straight at her face. A very, very slimy silhouette. Or more precisely, a toad flying faster than a bullet.
Startled, Lyra tried to move out of the way, tripping over her own feet. To her absolute horror, she felt the ground draw nearer as she crashed through the doors of the nearest compartment.

Lyra landed in a dishevelled heap on the floor, surrounded by feet.
"Not another one!" said a male voice filled with disbelief. She looked up at the one who had spoken. He had a spill of raven hair which fell past his ears. His face was angular, prominent cheek bones and a jaw line that you could sharpen knives on. Though it'd be a shame to ruin such a picturesque face with sharpening knives. He looked genuinely shocked.
Lyra's eyes strayed to the people either side of him. A girl and a boy.
The boy had dark hair and papery white skin; a painting of light and shadows, he resembled a chiaroscuro masterpiece. He raised one eyebrow whistling.
"What an entrance."
"The pleasure's all mine biscuit," Lyra said, winking playfully as the girl helped her up.
She had silky, ink-black hair and striking green eyes which danced with laughter.
"I'm Reyna," she said cheerfully, "and believe it or not I also tripped up and fell into this compartment."
"Except unlike you," added the boy sitting opposite her, smiling, "Reyna didn't quite manage to take the door off its hinges."
"That's my brother, Remus." Reyna clarified.
The black haired boy stuck out his hand.
"I'm Sirius, Sirius Black-"
"-like my soul" said Lyra with a grin.
Reyna looked at her, mouth agape. "Did you just quote Simon Lewis?" The boys looked confused and, quite frankly a little worried, causing the two girls to collapse in a fit of manic laughter. It wasn't long before the others joined in.
"Anyway, I'm James and that's Peter," said the dark haired one, gesturing to the blonde boy opposite him. "Feel free to sit down."
As the train neared Hogwarts everyone began to feel nervous. Everyone except from James and Sirius it seemed. Reyna was just talking about a spell she used by accident to lock her parents out of her room when James, rather abruptly, turned to Sirius.
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" he asked, barely containing his excitement. Sirius raised his eyebrows.
"I don't claim to be a legilimens but, I have a feeling that I know what you might be thinking."
"I think," said Potter, a grin slowly forming on his face, "I think we need to pay a certain redhead and her bat a visit."
"So Reyna... About that spell...I don't suppose we could use it on some other innocent first years?"

So there it is! It's not the best but I hope you enjoyed it! Please let me known of your opinions and point out any spelling or grammatical mistakes. See you at the sorting! -Aelin