Guzma x Reader - Tough Love

It's been a month since a Trial Goer known for taking down the mischievous Team Skull gang disturbing the islands of Alola became its first Champion and now the next set of Trainers are taking on the island's Trials. I'm one of them and eventually, I'll face the Alola Champion, too.

I've recently defeated the fourth and final kahuna of Poni Island, Hapu and now I just have to make my way up Mount Lanakila to get to the Pokemon League. 

I guess I have to go back to Tapu Village on Ula'Ula Island to climb the mountain. I vividly remember the rush of excitement I felt as I passed by the mountain on my way to take on Acerola's Trial. My goal was so near, yet so far. And now I'm going back. I'll finally be able to reach it!

Somewhere around Poni Island, I heard rumors about an uninhabited town on Ula'Ula Island called Po Town. I heard that a certain white haired man with an intimidating look had been seen wandering around that area. The rising suspicion suggested he might be revisiting the place with plans in mind.

I gulped and felt rowdy butterflies in my stomach. If I hadn't chosen to take on the Island Trials due to the disbandment of Team Skull, I would've ended up working under that man. Due to...personal reasons. I felt my face become flushed at these thoughts. Well, better get going then.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Po Town. The rain never stops falling in sheets and this path always seems to inspire a sense of unease. Or so I've been told. But being here now, I know I can say for sure that I'm totally drenched and it's spooky as hell. But it could take some getting used to.

Considering that this town had probably once thrived, now leaving behind abandoned houses, a Pokemon Center and a gigantic mansion in the center of the town gives me chills. And then to be taken over by Team Skull, they certainly left behind a mess. This town was littered with random debris and decorated in colorful graffiti.

I wandered around for a bit, every now and them reaching out for my Pokeballs for comfort in this chilling, desolate place. I stood before the entrance of the shady mansion that was probably once Team Skull's lair. As I was about to open the door to step inside for further investigation, a stern voice called out behind me.

Startled, I jumped and slowly turned around to see who it was. My eyes widened in surprise and my mouth made the shape of an 'o'. There's no denying who it was standing before me. This dark individual. Those dark eyes. That hair. Guzma.

I felt my breath caught in my throat and I could only stare in awe. So the rumors were true. I...I

"Guzma!"

He raised an eyebrow, clearly surprised by the tone of my voice. I couldn't help but be surprised myself. The butterflies began to gather in my stomach, making me hesitate for a moment. 

Pointing at him, I exclaimed, "Guzma, I challenge you to a battle!"

There was a flash of doubt in his eyes before he furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you think you're doing, kid? What makes ya think ya can stand up to me and defeat me?" He replied in a gruff voice.

"I'm one of the strongest Trainers of all of Alola to have undergone the island Trials! If I can defeat the Trial Captains and the kahunas, then I can challenge you!" I felt my heart beat faster at the sound of his voice but I couldn't stand down. I wanted to go through with this.

"I ain't got time to waste on ya, kid! Ya should just run outta here already. This ain't no place for squirts like ya." Guzma turned his back to me.