Revealed Hatred

Today was the Graduation test. The test that will determine if you have what it takes to be a ninja. It was an important day for everyone in the ninja academy. Including Kagome. But she had a gutsy feeling that something bad was going to happen today. She didn't know what it might be though. She'll have to keep her guard up.

"Next: Kagome Uzumaki." Iruka said. Kagome walked through the classroom doors and stood in front of Iruka-sensei and Mizuki-sensei. They sat behind a table that had rows of the Konoha hitai-ates sitting on it. She didn't like Mizuki-sensei at all. His soul was always tainted. She knew that he hated her ever since she first came to the academy even though he tried to hide it with those 'innocent' smiles. But his aura said it all. She knew it was just a matter of time until he would show his true intents towards her.

"Kagome-chan, you must make a doppelganger." Iruka said.

"Hai." Kagome said, nodded. She performed the hand signs and two smiling doppelgangers on both sides of her.

"Well done, Kagome-chan." Iruka said, smiling.

"Wait a minute!" Mizuki said as he stood up.

"What is Mizuki-san?" Iruka asked.

"She made a mistake with her doppelgänger!" Mizuki said.

"I don't see any mistakes, Mizuki-san." Iruka said, looking at her doppelgängers.

"The one on her right! Her right arm is longer than her left." Mizuki said as he pointed at the doppelganger on her right.

"Oops." Kagome said when she looked at the doppelganger on her right.

"I believe that she has failed the exam, Iruka-san." Mizuki said. Iruka looked down at the hitai-ates. He wanted to give one to Kagome for all of her efforts...except that she failed in this effort. He wanted Kagome to become a great kunoichi. He knew that this would be a hard decision to make.

"It's okay, Iruka-sensei." Kagome said with a sad smile. Iruka looked back up at Kagome.

"But Kagome-chan..." Iruka began to say as he stood up.

"Probably half of the village doesn't want me to graduate anyway." Kagome said, "So it's okay, Iruka-sensei."

Iruka stared at Kagome with sad eyes. He didn't think that Kagome would make a simple mistake in making a doppelganger. She was always a hard worker and a studious student in class. He knew that Kagome would become a great kunoichi. But she was right, not many of the other shinobi didn't even want her to become a ninja at all. His fists tightened at the decision he had to make.

"Kagome Uzumaki, you...failed." Iruka said with a strain in his voice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the parents of the academy students stood outside with their sons and daughters. Congratulating them for their hard work, smiling at them, and hugging them. Kagome wished that she could have those kind of moments with her parents. Except that her parents were gone. Those moments don't happen with her. She stood outside of the academy where the small crowd of genins were while she was leaning against a tree while listening to the students who now became genin.

"I heard that she failed the exam." A woman said.

"It's a good thing, too. After all, she's the..." Another woman began to say.

"Quiet, we're not suppose to speak of it." Another woman said.

"How terrible would it be if she became a ninja?" Another woman sneered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome left the academy and went onto the roofs. She sat down on the edge of a roof while looking over Konoha. She wanted some time for herself. She knew that the parents there despised her for her existence. None of them wanted her to become a ninja. It was a known fact. It was because she was the vessel of the nine-tailed kitsune. To her state of mind, they couldn't get past their fears. She didn't know when they ever will.