Another Wind User

Asuma sat in the tea shop, enjoying his tea and dango. He was quite amazed with the genin team he was assigned to: the Ino-Shika-Cho group. It was a tradition of the genin's parents who made up that team. Since their parents were also a team when they were genin. It was quite a shock that they actually passed his test. He began to wonder if Kagome and Sasuke passed Kakashi's as well.

"Asuma."

"Hm?" Asuma asked as he looked over his shoulder and saw Kakashi standing behind him. He wondered why Kakashi seeked him out. If he was here, it must have meant that Kagome and Sasuke had passed Kakashi's test. But he had a gut feeling that Kakashi sought him out to talk about Kagome.

"I need to talk to you about something." Kakashi said.

"Kagome-chan, right?" Asuma asked. Kakashi nodded. Asuma inhaled his cigarette, took it from his lips, and let out the smoke through his lips. Then he placed the cigarette between his lips as Kakashi sat down in the seat across from him.

"Did you train Kagome-chan?" Kakashi asked.

"Hai." Asuma said.

"When and why?" Kakashi asked.

"When she was four. As for why..." Asuma said, "I was bored."

"You were bored?" Kakashi asked, brow arched. Asuma Sarutobi, son of the Sandaime Hokage, decided to train the four year old Kagome Uzumaki, the nine-tails jinchūriki, because he was bored?

"Hai. At first, she reminded of Obito." Asuma said, leaning his cheek against his knuckles.

"Obito?" Kakashi asked, shocked. How does Kagome remind Asuma of Obito?

"Her ambition to get stronger. Kinda like Obito when he was determined to beat you." Asuma said.

"Yeah." Kakashi said. He smiled softly underneath his mask as he thought back on those days. Obito kept promising him that he will defeat him one day. Guy was also promising the same thing as well. But as always he defeated the both of them and they would promise that they'll get him next time.

"Kagome began to amaze me with her skills and knowledge." Asuma said.

"I bet she did." Kakashi said. He had to agree with Asuma on that. That girl was full of surprises.

"Kagome-chan is also the reason why I became a jounin sensei." Asuma said.

"Really?" Kakashi asked, curious.

"Hai. I began to enjoy teaching her my techniques and playing shōgi with her." Asuma said, "Then I realized that I wanted to become a jounin sensei."

"Shōgi?" Kakashi asked, head tilted to the side. He knew that Asuma often played shōgi with his father. He had no idea that Kagome was able to play shōgi.

"She won the first time we met." Asuma said, chuckling.

"You lost to a four year old girl?" Kakashi asked, brow arched.

"Embarrassing as it sounds." Asuma said, scratching the back of his head.

"How did you meet Kagome-chan anyway?" Kakashi asked. He was curious to how Asuma met Kagome.

"I met her when I was training with my chakra blades." Asuma said. He remembered the day when he first met Kagome Uzumaki.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 years ago:

Asuma Sarutobi was bored as he practiced with his chakra blades. He was already an expert with them. He wished for a challenge for once. He sighed at the thought. There was hardly anyone who wanted to challenge him these days. Most of his comrades were out on missions or have different jobs now. He wished that Kakashi was still around, he would accept his challenge. Even though, he always accepts Guy's challenges. But Kakashi was busy in the ANBU. Asuma knew the full reason why Kakashi joined the ANBU. There maybe a day when Kakashi will leave the ANBU.