The Silent Killer

"Momochi Zabuza?" Sakura asked, blinked.

"A former member the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist squad." Kagome said, "He's in the bingo book and Kakashi-sensei as well."

"It looks like one of your brats is well informed." Zabuza said.

"I'll take that as a compliment." Kagome said, smirking. Sasuke and Sakura were surprised to find out that their sensei was in the Bingo book. But how is he a security threat to other villages?

"If he's our opponent, then I guess I have no other choice but to use this." Kakashi said as he lifted his headband to reveal the Sharingan in his left eye.

"I see. You must be Kakashi of the Sharingan." Zabuza said. Sasuke stiffened when Zabuza mention 'Sharingan'. After all, the Sharingan belongs to the Uchiha clan. It would be weird if a non-Uchiha had the Sharingan.

"You presumed correct." Kakashi said.

"Let's cut to the chase. Hand over the old man and let you all live." Zabuza said.

"Sorry, he's under our protection." Kagome said.

"Very well." Zabuza said. He jumped off of his blade and stood on top of the water. Then he performed hand signs.

"Suiton: Kirigakure no Jutsu."

All of a sudden a mist soon surrounded the area and made Zabuza fade into it.

"Everyone, manji formation! Protect Tazuna-san!" Kakashi said. Everyone formed a circle around Tazuna. Then Kakashi slowly faded into the mist.

"Kagome, what is this technique?" Sasuke asked.

"It's called 'The Silent Killing Technique'. It's a simple quiet technique to killing an opponent. The user is so silent that it's too late to realize you're dead." Kagome said. Sakura gulped at the new information. Sasuke was slightly trembling on the hold of his kunai. Tazuna was also feeling uneasy in this mist covered field. It felt like minutes went by then hours. This silence was really putting everyone on edge. After all, this was their first mission outside of the village and they didn't want to die!

"8 parts." Zabuza's voice echoed all around them. Everyone flinched at it.

"Legs...spine...kidney...artery...lungs...liver...jugular...heart." Zabuza said, "Which one should I strike first?"

Sakura and Sasuke felt a shiver go down their spines. The only one who wasn't affected by Zabuza's threats was Kagome. She had heard worse. Naraku was a better at taunting than Zabuza was. Then Kakashi appeared in front of them with a hand seal and blew some of the mist away from them in order to see each other.

"Don't worry, everyone. I won't let any of you die." Kakashi said, looking over his shoulder with a closed eye smile. Somehow, that seemed to make everyone less tense at the situation they're facing.

"I wouldn't be too sure, Kakashi."

Zabuza soon appeared in the middle of their manji formation. Then Zabuza swung his sword towards Tazuna. But at the last second Kagome blocked the attack with her chakra blades.

"I won't let you harm Tazuna." Kagome said, pushing against Zabuza's blade.

"Interesting." Zabuza said. With one powerful shove, Zabuza was pushed out of their manji formation.

"Thanks, Kagome-chan. But I'll handle the rest." Kakashi said, standing beside Kagome.

"Hai." Kagome said, nodded. Suddenly, Zabuza was behind Kagome. Before he could land a hit on her, she stabbed him in the stomach. Instead of blood coming, water leaked out. Then Zabuza's form fell in a water puddle. Water Clone Technique. He reappeared again in front of Kagome. But Kakashi stood in front of her as well and the two were sliced in half. It turned out to be a water clone technique. Zabuza felt a kunai and a chakra blade near his neck.