The Rude Client

Today's D-Rank mission: find lost pet, Tora. Team 7 was not happy about this mission. So far, they've been doing these boring missions from pulling weeds to walking dogs. Kagome knew that they were genin now, so they have to do D-rank missions for a while. But Team 7 were starting to get angry at the Sandaime for giving them so many of these missions. It was just a matter of time until they argued to get a C-rank mission or above. Was asking for a better mission too much to ask for?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sasuke, Point C."

"Sakura, Point A."

"Kagome, Point B."

"Sakura, you're a little bit slow."

"Kakashi-sensei, how far are we from the target?"

"Not that far. You should be able to see it."

Everyone waited for their target to move and for Kakashi-sensei's signal. Kagome caught sight of their target: a cat.

"Now!"

Kagome, Sasuke, and Sakura ran after the running target. But Kagome went ahead them and stopped the cat in its tracks. Before it could try to run the other way, Kagome quickly grabbed the cat by the scruff of its neck and held the reluctant cat against her chest. Then she started purring. Soon enough, the cat calmed down and started to cuddle against her chest. Kagome gently scratched behind the cat's ears. The cat started to purr very loudly. Sasuke and Sakura appeared in front of Kagome.

"How did you..." Sakura began to say as she pointed at the cat.

"That's my little secret." Kagome said with a closed eye smile while scratching the cat's ears. The cat meowed as Kagome began to scratch its chin.

"Before you two get more comfortable, do you have positive ID?" Kakashi asked through the microphone.

"Hai, there's a bow on its left ear." Sasuke said when he spotted the bow on the cat's ear.

"Well done. Lost pet, Tora, has been found." Kakashi said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can see why the cat wanted to run away." Kagome whispered to Sasuke.

"Hn." Sasuke whispered back. Kirara 'mew' in agreement. They sweatdropped as they watched the cat's owner hugging it. Suffocating is a better word for it. They couldn't help but feel sorry for the cat. Then the lady paid the Sandaime and left the room. When the Sandaime announced more D-rank missions, Kagome couldn't take it anymore.

"Sandaime-sama." Kagome said.

"Hm?" Sarutobi asked.

"If it's not too much trouble, could we please ask for a higher rank mission? No offense, but I'm really starting to hate these kind of missions." Kagome said, "Actually we all are."

"Kagome-chan, you're all still genin! You have no experience in taking on higher rank missions! So you have to do D-ranks for now!" Iruka said with a tick mark on the side of his head. Kagome knew that they would be taking these kinds of missions for a while. But how long will they have to wait in order to get a higher rank?

"We're not exactly gaining any experience by taking on these D-rank missions, Iruka-sensei." Kagome said.

"I fully agreed with Kagome." Sasuke said as he raised his left palm up.

"I have to agree as well." Sakura said. She was only saying that since she really was starting to hate these missions.

Sarutobi sighed. He could easily tell that Team 7 was getting tired of D-rank missions and wanted a better one. He knew that Kagome and Sasuke were stronger than most of genin at their age. But it looked like Sakura still needed experience. He glanced at Kakashi and could see that he wanted to complain as well. But decided to stay silent.