The Contestants

When Team 7 entered the room, they could feel all of the stares and some glares from the genin in the room as soon as the door closed behind them. It was very intense. Kagome somewhat expected to see many genin from different countries in the same room. She figured that the intensity came from the other genins because of the countries that don't really like one another.

"Sasuke-kun, you're late!" The team turned to look at him, only to see him being hugged from behind by Ino. "I've been eagerly waiting for you ever since I heard that I could see you for the first time in a long time." She squealed while Sasuke looked at her, clearly annoyed.

"Get away from Sasuke-kun, you Ino-pig!" Sakura barked.

"Oh my, it's you, Sakura." Ino mocked as she got down. "Your forehead is wide and you're still ugly... as usual."

"What did you say?!" The pink haired girl yelled. The blonde girl stuck her tongue at her.

"What, are you four going to take this troublesome exam, too?" Shikamaru asked, coming towards them with Choji beside him.

"Shikamaru, Choji, good to see you." Kagome greeted the two as Kirara mewed happily.

"Hey Kagome." Choji greeted back.

"Hey! Found you all." Another voice called, "I see that everyone's here."

The voice turned out to be Kiba who had Akamaru on top of his head and Ryouta beside him.

"Hey Kagome, Kirara." Ryouta greeted.

"All ten rookies are here to take the exam this year." Kiba said and turned towards Kagome, "Hey Kagome-chan, Kirara!" He cheered.

"Good to see you too, Kiba, Ryouta. Also you, Akamaru." Kagome said with a closed eye smile. Akamaru barked in greeting while Kirara mewed.

"Hey guys."

Everyone turned towards the voice and saw a man with grey hair tied back in a low ponytail and glasses.

"You should quiet down a little bit. So you're the ten rookies that just graduated from the academy, right? You shouldn't be fooling around with those cute little faces. It's not a field trip."

"Who are you to tell us that?!" Ino shouted.

"Oh, I'm Kabuto Yakushi." Kabuto introduced himself, "Look all around you." All of the ten genin look around them and saw all of the genin glaring at them. However, one group stood out.

"The ones over there are from Amegakure. They have short tempers. Everyone is very tense since it's right before the exam. I warned you so that you won't get bullied. But I guess that it can't be helped since you're just rookies who don't know anything. It reminds me of the old me." Kabuto told them.

"Kabuto-san, was it?" Sakura questioned.

"Yeah." Kabuto replied.

"Is this your second time?" Sakura asked.

"No, this would be my seventh." Kabuto said, "The exam takes place twice a year, so it's my fourth year."

"That means that you know a lot about the exam?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah, I do." Kabuto said.

"So you must be an expert on it, Kabuto." Sakura complimented him.

"But he never passed it, Sakura." Kagome pointed out.

It made her curious as to why Kabuto would be in his fourth year of the exam. Well, if he passed the first, it must be that he quits in the second or third part. Actually, he would probably end up dead in the second part. So why would he keep coming to the exam only to fail every time? Kagome was soon getting suspicious of Kabuto. She knew that he was hiding something. Whatever it was, it wasn't good. Not to mention his aura as well, it reminded her of Mizuki for some reason.