20

△ ▴ ▵  ▷ ▸ ▹ ► ▻ ▼ ▽ ▾ ▿  ◁ ◂ ◃ ◄ △ ▴ ▵ ▷ ▸ ▹ ► ▻ ▼ ▽ ▾ ▿ ◁ ◂ ◃ ◄

Emma's POV

40 minutes and two aching feet later, we finally arrived at where the party was located. It was almost like a clearing in the middle of the woods. Tents sent up in a spiral shape around a large fire pit. My paranoia sinks in and I my stomach suddenly churns at the sight of people I don't know. I take a step backwards so I can hide behind Calum large frame.

Calum stands and observes the sight and the people before he makes his way over to an empty lot where he can set up our tent. I'm really not into the whole camping thing but I would be sitting home alone anyway and maybe I can make some sort of friends.

Right now I don't spot many people besides a few lingering groups. I assume most of the people are in the tents making out and won't come out until tonight. I roll my eyes thinking about hormonal teenagers. I take a seat on a log placed around the fire pit as I watch Calum struggle to get the tent out of the bag.

After a few minutes of Luke attempting to help Calum, but him refusing, he takes a seat next to me. "Lord help me now." Luke breaths out. I can tell he's a bit pissed off about being here too. "Couldn't agree more." I breath out and we both let out a few silent laughs.

/

It's been about 20 minutes and Calum still can't figure out how to put up a stupid tent. Luke and I both attempted to help him but he disregards us and tells us how he can do it on his own. My phone suddenly buzzes from my pocket and I pull it out to see who it is.

Luke👽:
I'm bored

I look over at him with a slight smirk on my face only to see him looking away and whistling as if he has no clue what I am talking about. I roll my eyes and respond.

To Luke👽:
Me too :(

I hear Luke's phone buzz from his pocket and gasps as if he is surprised that someone texted him. I suddenly gave forward and begin to whistle just like he did a few seconds ago. I look to see if he would still be staring at me. Once I look up, to my surprise his eyes are directly on me.

"Lets go." He says standing up and wiping any excess wood off of his black skinny jeans.

"Where?" I question him for the fact that we are in the middle of the woods.

"Anywhere."

/

15 minutes gone by and Luke and I silently making our way through the woods. We don't know where we are going, but neither do we care.

"We're not going to get lost right?" I ask Luke looking over my left shoulder.

"Don't count on it Jones."

"I'm counting on it Hemming." I look back ahead after answering and continue walking down a hill full of leaves. It comes to an intersection in trees. I lead us to the right and we end up at a small pond.

Luke picks up a flag rock and attempts to skip it, but fails. I take a seat on a large rock and try not to focus on the fact that a murderer can come out of the bushes any minute and practically murderer both of us.