21

△ ▴ ▵  ▷ ▸ ▹ ► ▻ ▼ ▽ ▾ ▿  ◁ ◂ ◃ ◄ △ ▴ ▵ ▷ ▸ ▹ ► ▻ ▼ ▽ ▾ ▿ ◁ ◂ ◃ ◄

*this chapter deals with triggering topics such as self harm*

Emma's POV

Monday mornings, the most dreadful day of the week. Not only is this some Monday morning like any other, I have to return to the school of my no friends and where all my problems resume. The camping trip this weekend was something else. Things were a bit awkward between Luke and I at first but we got over it after time passed and more alchohol entered out system. 

I am finally able to pry myself out of my bed and make my way to the shower. The warm water cascades down my body in thousands of droplets almost immediately  waking me up. Once I am done in the shower I go back into my bedroom and throw on a pair of leggings along with a little sleeve black shirt. I use this time to take notice in my wrists. My previous actions have now faded a fair amount. Most of them are healed completely but still takes a place on my wrist in a white shade, distinct from my skin tone. Once I decide to brush off the thought, I make my way back into my bathroom. I take my wet hair and throw it into a messy bun. I then proceed to put on a small amount of makeup.

As I finish getting ready, I look at my phone reading a text from Calum;

Calum:
Be there in 5

I don't care to respond and make my way into the kitchen. I make myself a cup of coffee and proceed to pour it in a to-go-cup. By the time I finished making my coffee and gather my stuff from my room, I hear a honk in my front yard.

I drag my half-asleep body out the front door and into the passenger seat. I mumble to Calum. "Morning." I then lead my head up against the side of his car. "Good morning Emma Jones." He's says way to energetic. I turn my head to him with a confused look on my face. He doesn't look at me since his eyes are glued on the road so I just turn to my precious position against the window.

When we arrive at Luke's house about 3 minutes later, he comes outside in the same state as me. He gets in the car and mumbles as, "Morning." Calum responds in a chirpy mood once again, "Good Morning Lucas Robert Hemmings." Luke, just as me gives Calum a very confused look but then brushes it off. We arrive at the school a few minutes later. I grab my bag from under the seat and slowly make my way into the hell hole.

Calum breaks off from Luke and I so he can go to his locker. Luke and I walk in a comfortable silence together since we are both are clearly too tired to even cope. Once we get to the intersect between where Luke and my lockers are, we break off without saying a word. I put in my combo and look at my schedule hanging up on inside of my locker since I still don't know exactly where to go or what class to be in. I then proceed to get my supplies to Biology, Math, and History. As I am pulling out one of my notebooks. I hear a slightly familiar voice coming from behind me.

"Hi pretty girl." The voice sounds slightly familiar but I can't put a face to the voice. I slowly turning around to face who is standing behind me. It's on the top of my tongue but I still couldn't match who it is.

"You're quiff boys friend." Then it hit me. The party. The day Luke got beat up. The guy he grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Lems friends.

"If you don't mind, I would like to go to class now." I begin to walk away but a strong arm jams me back allowing my head to jam into the locker. It hurt but I showed no sign of pain.