Chapter 3

"Dinner!~" Beth called from what has to be a dinning room 

You got up laughing a little and took your phone from Rick. He still sat there star struck and wondering how the hell a (y/n) was so smart. You walked into a nice little room, the table had a nice light blue table cloth placed over it. You gazed at each of the chairs wondering where you had to sit. Beth waved you over to a chair and you slowly sat down and scooted forward to the table. 

Everyone else soon filed in. Beth sat on your right at the end of the table, The young boy sat down across from you, jerry if you remembered his name right sat at the other end of the table next to a girl you didn't recognize, and finally rick sauntered in and plopped himself next to you. A large grin across his face as he adjusted his lab coat slightly. You looked at the plate in front of you and smiled softly. 

"Thanks for making this, Beth." You said smiling at her 

She beamed brightly, "T-thanks! I don't always get compliments on my cooking anymore." 

You paused to chew and swallow the food in your mouth, "Well, it's delicious, thank you." 

Beth giggled, "I like her! She needs to stay around!" Her voice was slightly firm as through warning her family not to do something 

"Geez-" jerry was about to say something from the other side of the table, but Beth interrupted him 

"When was the last time you complimented my cooking, jerry.?" Jerry stayed silent, "That's what I thought." She turned back to you, "I don't believe you've met my children have you?"

You shook your head 

"Well, this is Morty." She said gesturing to the curly hair boy on her left, "He's my youngest. Just a peach!" 

"M-mOm!" Morty hiccuped blushing 

She giggled, "This is Summer," she pointed to a red head on her phone, "Sweetie please put your phone away, we have a guest." 

Summer rolled her green eyes. "Whatever." She said shoving her phone in her pocket 

"You already know Jerry and my dad, Rick." She said gesturing to the duo 

You waved a little and smiled at them, the continued eating dinner. You shared small chat happily with Beth. Her story was really interesting. How she wanted to be a doctor, but got pregnant put herself through veterinary school and became a horse heart surgeon. She was an interesting person who could hold interesting conversation. 

"So, (y/n), enough about me, tell me about you." Beth said pointing her fork at you.

"Umm.. well, if you want." You blushed slightly, "Well.. ummm, what do you wan to know?" 

"How in the aBbsolute hell you got a doctORate at 16, from Harvard, in astrology?" Rick said in a rough tone next to you 

"Dad!-" you cut Beth off

"No, he has a right to ask, he's just being a sour puss about." You laughed a little, "Well, I was what they called a 'child prodigy'," you said making quotes with your fingers, "So my mind was so advanced that I graduated high school at 10," you paused to scratch chin, "I was about 10, anyway, that not important." You laughed a little, "I was almost instantly excepted into Harvard, I just had to decide what I wanted to study." You laughed, "Like you Beth I wanted to be a doctor, but after a year I realized that, that wouldn't make me happy, or satisfied." You paused to push some hair behind your ear, "So one night when I was watching the sky, I saw, what I could only assume at the time was a sign from above, what looked like a spaceship. It was engulfed in flames and looked like it was trying to leave the atmosphere. If fell, so I rushed from the dorms towards where it crashed. I discovered the students that everyone thought were weird and loners and the extreme of the extreme nerds, the astrophysicist majors." You laughed a little, "They were quiet shocked to see an 11 year old girl astonished at their failed launch of a model 47-A6. That's when I decided I wanted to be an astrologist." You laughed smiling happily at the memory, "They were the best, helping me when I needed it. In fact, I'm going to be lecturing with them soon." 

You laughed closing your eyes slightly, when you opened them you gazed at all of the astonished eyes on you. You shrugged laughing harder.

"Whaaaht?" You laughed 

"T-that's amazing!" Morty spoke first 

You blushed a little at the comment. You heard Rick made a sound that sounded a lot like a growl. You jumped slightly as you felt a hand on your knee. You looked down to see Ricks bony hand gripping you knee tightly. You blushed harder, but said nothing trying to push his hand away. His grip tightened.

"Fine if your so smart what's the square root of pi!?" Jerry yelled glaring at you. 

You rolled your eyes slightly, "1.772453." You hummed still trying to pry Ricks hand from your knee

"T-that's right." Jerry sounded as through he was surprised as he stared at his phone. 

You grinned, "What were you expecting? Me to get it wrong?" You laughed tartly, "You're wrong there Jerry." 

You felt your phone buzz in your pocket. Crossing your legs away from Rick you looked at your phone. It was your one of the astrophysicists you studied with. Checking the text you slowly replied.

Space-nerd 🔭 (Your friend): hey nerd, you live on (whatever I don't feel like making up an address

Hotty-Coco☕️(You): yup, you just coming over to hang or test, or other 

Space-nerd🔭: All three if that's fine. 

Hotty-Coco☕️: im having dinner with the neighbors at the moment, and my house isn't set up yeah 

Space-nerd🔭: Is the asset good 

Hotty-Coco☕️: it is are you coming alone?

Space-nerd🔭: No, I've got the whole gang with me.

Hotty-Coco☕️: fine, just let me leave this dinner. 

Space-nerd🔭: Cool beans, see you in a bit.

You sighed and placed your phone back in your pocket and looked out the window behind you at your house. Then at the table. 

"I'm sorry, I forgot to mention, that I have guests coming over to my house to try and help,me set up." You stood up, "Thank you for the wonderful dinner, but I must go. They'll be here, soon." 

"What!? No stay just a little longer, take some leftovers." Beth said scrambling to keep you here longer 

"I'm sorry, maybe next time." You said walking towards the door, "I really must go, goodbye, it was nice meeting you all." You nodded and walked through the door towards the street, crossing it you opened the door to your house and walked in the living room.

Rick pov~~~~~ 

"Morty!" I said grabbing the young boys arm, "We've gotta folLOW 'er." 

"W-what?! R-Rick!" Morty yelled trying to take his arm from me, "T-that's a l-little much!" 

"WhAT, do you mean?" I asked "I read her texts, they wERe very suspicious." My (y/n) maybe in danger. 

"W-what!? R-r-Rick that's a v-violation of her p-privacy!" Morty screeched quietly 

A (y/n) doesn't need privacy when a Rick is around. I clenched my teeth, "Fine." I growled releasing him, "It's a gathering of scientists and it would mAKe you seem even stupider." 

I shot a my portal gun and hopped in. I'm coming for you my (y/n).